Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Netarts.
Today I feel great. Mama and I went for a 5.5 mile run through the neighborhood this morning. Even though I have a slight head cold, getting up and moving early motivated me. I actually unpacked my bags and feel a little more settled in my room now.
I've been so tired during the day, but can't sleep at night. Of course, the time change in Detroit means I'm trying to go to bed at 9:30 and of course I'm not tired yet. I just don't like getting in the habit of waking up at 10:30-11 every morning either. Slowly I'll be able to fall asleep earlier!
Today Mama and I are cooking garbanzo beans to make some hummus. We have dried mochi soaking for a big miso soup and planning sushi for dinner tonight. I actually want to cook and be active again! It's a great feeling!
Anyway, more pictures from my time in Oregon. Always a little behind...
I had to take Yuki to the Oregon coast. I had to show him the Pacific Ocean from my perspective.
Not that there are a lot of sunny days on the Oregon coast, but I chose a particularly cold and windy day. We were only out at Netarts beach for 20 minutes or so, but the other reason I took him to the beach was for a lunch at Tillamook ice creamery. Yum!!
Lots of cows! Yuki had to stop and take pictures!







I've been so tired during the day, but can't sleep at night. Of course, the time change in Detroit means I'm trying to go to bed at 9:30 and of course I'm not tired yet. I just don't like getting in the habit of waking up at 10:30-11 every morning either. Slowly I'll be able to fall asleep earlier!
Today Mama and I are cooking garbanzo beans to make some hummus. We have dried mochi soaking for a big miso soup and planning sushi for dinner tonight. I actually want to cook and be active again! It's a great feeling!
Anyway, more pictures from my time in Oregon. Always a little behind...
I had to take Yuki to the Oregon coast. I had to show him the Pacific Ocean from my perspective.
Not that there are a lot of sunny days on the Oregon coast, but I chose a particularly cold and windy day. We were only out at Netarts beach for 20 minutes or so, but the other reason I took him to the beach was for a lunch at Tillamook ice creamery. Yum!!
Lots of cows! Yuki had to stop and take pictures!



There was a cool cave going from one beach to another. I had never been there before.


Misty and cold. Just like the Oregon beach should be.

Yuki took a picture while holding up "24" on his fingers. He wants another one in the same spot when he's an old man.

We had a wonderful day at the beach and Yuki got to practice driving on the way home. He is getting better and better at highway driving but needs confidence to drive a little faster.
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Sie,
I miss you. Japan misses you. I wish you were here. Okunchi was amazing. I'm off to stay with Shimose this weekend and come up with a costume for Halloween. I'm going to go as the statue of liberty. Write me.
dawn
I miss you. Japan misses you. I wish you were here. Okunchi was amazing. I'm off to stay with Shimose this weekend and come up with a costume for Halloween. I'm going to go as the statue of liberty. Write me.
dawn
Hey, I am sorry I missed you when you came by the house on your visit to Mac.
For how long are you the states?
Nancy C.
Post a Comment
For how long are you the states?
Nancy C.
<< Home

