Saturday, April 08, 2006
指輪『Yubiwa』
(Wedding Ring)
music by Navy and Ivory
translation by Yuki and me
やくそくします きみをのこして ぼくはしねません。
約束します 君を残して 僕は死ねません。
I promise that I won’t die and leave you all alone.
どうしてだるう?あふれてくるなみだをとめられない
どうしてだるう?あふれてくる涙を止められない
I wonder why? These tears don’t stop.
『おとこのくせに』なんでいいつもは からかう きみもきょうは
『男のくせに』なんでいいつもは からかう 君も今日は
You tease me because I’m always crying, but today you are too.
いっしょにないて どうじにわらって そしてまたなきだして
一緒に泣いて 同時に笑って そしてまた泣き出して
Together, we are crying and laughing and crying all at the same time.
うれしなみだで はれたまぶたで ちかった“えいえん”
うれし涙で はれた瞼で 誓った“永遠“
Happy tears and puffy eyes for our eternal vow.
ねむりさそう ようきの はるには きみのまくらに
眠り誘う 陽気の春には 君の枕に
I will be your pillow when you feel sleepy in the spring.
こがすような ひざしの なつには きみのひがさになるよ
焦がすような 日差しの夏には 君の日傘になるよ
I will be your parasol when you feel hot in the summer.
きみとあうまでのぼくは やせけないくらい ちさく
君と逢うまでの僕は ( )けないくらい( )さく
Before I met you I didn’t have confidence.
じぶんのことさえ ほこれないような よわいおとこでした
自分の事さえ 誇れないような 弱い男でした
I wasn’t proud of myself, but was a weak man.
それがきみといたことで きみがあいしてくれたことで
それが君といた事で 君が愛してくれた事で
But now, because you gave me your love,
“しあわせのいみ”をしりました
“幸せの意味”を知りました
I came to know the meaning of happiness.
しろいドレスも きれなメイクも きょうかぎりだけれど
白いドレスも 奇麗なメイクも 今日限りだけれど
The white dress and beautiful make-up is only possible on this day
ひだりてにひかる ぎんのゆびわは ずっときみだけのもの
左手に光る 銀の指輪は ずっと君だけのもの
But the silver ring on your left hand is yours forever.
あしたからは またアパートで“いつものまいにち”です
明日からは またアパートで“いつもの毎日”です
After tonight we’ll live modestly again in our small apartment.
だけどそこには リニューアルした“あい”があるのです
だけどそこには リニューアルした“愛”があるのです
But we have renewed our love.
どこかももさみしい あきには きみのピエロに
どこか物淋しい 秋には 君のピエロに
I will be a clown to make you feel less lonely in the fall.
きたかぜふきあれる ふゆには だんろになるよ
北風吹き荒れる 冬には 君の暖炉になるよ
I will be a heater for you when the north wind blows this winter.
これからさきなんじゅうねん ふたりで くらしてゆけば
これから生何十年 二人で 暮らして行けば
For the next 10 years and more the two of us will share our lives.
そりゃけんかもすりゃ、 きみをなかせてしまうことだってある
そりゃ喧嘩もすりゃ、君を泣かせてしまうことだってある
And we will definitely argue. I might even make you cry, but please stay with me.
それでもとうかそばにいとしききみよぼくのをばに
それでもとうかそばに愛しき君よ僕のをばに
Even through hard times, my beloved one, please stay near me.
“しあわせのばしょ”は きみだから きみだから
“幸せの場所”は君だから 君だから
Because you are my happy place. Because you…
これからさきなんじゅうねん もしぼくがさきにいっても
これから生何十年 もし僕が先に逝っても
In the future if I die before you,
おねがいです、どうかかなしいまないでわらっててください
お願いです、どうか悲しいまないで笑ってて下さい
Please don’t become sad. Please smile for me.
『あなたとであえてわたし、しあわせでした』とおもわれるように
『あなたと出逢えて私、幸せでした』と思われるように
I want you to be happy that you met me.
おしみなく あいをそそぐから
惜しみなく 愛を注ぐから
Because I’m going to give all my love to you without any hesitation.
ごめんなさい こんなせきで しんみりさせちゃったね
ごめんなさい こんな席で しんみりさせちゃったね
I’m sorry to be this serious on this day.
だいじょうびです、そんなかんたんに ぼくはしにません
大丈夫です、そんな簡単に 僕は死にません
It’s okay. I won’t give up easily.
やくそくします きみをのこして ぼくはしにません
約束します 君を残して 僕は死にません
I promise I won’t die and leave you all alone.
(This is the song Yuki and his brother sang for his mother and father on TV a couple weeks ago. His father listened to it secretly in the hospital before he passed away. Some of the kanji or hiragana may be wrong and the parenthesis are where I couldn't understand the Japanese, but if you know it or have a suggestion for the translation please let me know so I can make it complete. Thanks.)
music by Navy and Ivory
translation by Yuki and me
やくそくします きみをのこして ぼくはしねません。
約束します 君を残して 僕は死ねません。
I promise that I won’t die and leave you all alone.
どうしてだるう?あふれてくるなみだをとめられない
どうしてだるう?あふれてくる涙を止められない
I wonder why? These tears don’t stop.
『おとこのくせに』なんでいいつもは からかう きみもきょうは
『男のくせに』なんでいいつもは からかう 君も今日は
You tease me because I’m always crying, but today you are too.
いっしょにないて どうじにわらって そしてまたなきだして
一緒に泣いて 同時に笑って そしてまた泣き出して
Together, we are crying and laughing and crying all at the same time.
うれしなみだで はれたまぶたで ちかった“えいえん”
うれし涙で はれた瞼で 誓った“永遠“
Happy tears and puffy eyes for our eternal vow.
ねむりさそう ようきの はるには きみのまくらに
眠り誘う 陽気の春には 君の枕に
I will be your pillow when you feel sleepy in the spring.
こがすような ひざしの なつには きみのひがさになるよ
焦がすような 日差しの夏には 君の日傘になるよ
I will be your parasol when you feel hot in the summer.
きみとあうまでのぼくは やせけないくらい ちさく
君と逢うまでの僕は ( )けないくらい( )さく
Before I met you I didn’t have confidence.
じぶんのことさえ ほこれないような よわいおとこでした
自分の事さえ 誇れないような 弱い男でした
I wasn’t proud of myself, but was a weak man.
それがきみといたことで きみがあいしてくれたことで
それが君といた事で 君が愛してくれた事で
But now, because you gave me your love,
“しあわせのいみ”をしりました
“幸せの意味”を知りました
I came to know the meaning of happiness.
しろいドレスも きれなメイクも きょうかぎりだけれど
白いドレスも 奇麗なメイクも 今日限りだけれど
The white dress and beautiful make-up is only possible on this day
ひだりてにひかる ぎんのゆびわは ずっときみだけのもの
左手に光る 銀の指輪は ずっと君だけのもの
But the silver ring on your left hand is yours forever.
あしたからは またアパートで“いつものまいにち”です
明日からは またアパートで“いつもの毎日”です
After tonight we’ll live modestly again in our small apartment.
だけどそこには リニューアルした“あい”があるのです
だけどそこには リニューアルした“愛”があるのです
But we have renewed our love.
どこかももさみしい あきには きみのピエロに
どこか物淋しい 秋には 君のピエロに
I will be a clown to make you feel less lonely in the fall.
きたかぜふきあれる ふゆには だんろになるよ
北風吹き荒れる 冬には 君の暖炉になるよ
I will be a heater for you when the north wind blows this winter.
これからさきなんじゅうねん ふたりで くらしてゆけば
これから生何十年 二人で 暮らして行けば
For the next 10 years and more the two of us will share our lives.
そりゃけんかもすりゃ、 きみをなかせてしまうことだってある
そりゃ喧嘩もすりゃ、君を泣かせてしまうことだってある
And we will definitely argue. I might even make you cry, but please stay with me.
それでもとうかそばにいとしききみよぼくのをばに
それでもとうかそばに愛しき君よ僕のをばに
Even through hard times, my beloved one, please stay near me.
“しあわせのばしょ”は きみだから きみだから
“幸せの場所”は君だから 君だから
Because you are my happy place. Because you…
これからさきなんじゅうねん もしぼくがさきにいっても
これから生何十年 もし僕が先に逝っても
In the future if I die before you,
おねがいです、どうかかなしいまないでわらっててください
お願いです、どうか悲しいまないで笑ってて下さい
Please don’t become sad. Please smile for me.
『あなたとであえてわたし、しあわせでした』とおもわれるように
『あなたと出逢えて私、幸せでした』と思われるように
I want you to be happy that you met me.
おしみなく あいをそそぐから
惜しみなく 愛を注ぐから
Because I’m going to give all my love to you without any hesitation.
ごめんなさい こんなせきで しんみりさせちゃったね
ごめんなさい こんな席で しんみりさせちゃったね
I’m sorry to be this serious on this day.
だいじょうびです、そんなかんたんに ぼくはしにません
大丈夫です、そんな簡単に 僕は死にません
It’s okay. I won’t give up easily.
やくそくします きみをのこして ぼくはしにません
約束します 君を残して 僕は死にません
I promise I won’t die and leave you all alone.
(This is the song Yuki and his brother sang for his mother and father on TV a couple weeks ago. His father listened to it secretly in the hospital before he passed away. Some of the kanji or hiragana may be wrong and the parenthesis are where I couldn't understand the Japanese, but if you know it or have a suggestion for the translation please let me know so I can make it complete. Thanks.)
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Sierra,
This is a sad poem/song.
I'm sorry, I forgot your e-mail address. I wanted to know where you're moving when you come back from Japan? Have you thought about moving to Portland? I would like a roommate. :)
I'm searching....just thought I'd let you know.
I've been reading your blog...it's very good.
This is a sad poem/song.
I'm sorry, I forgot your e-mail address. I wanted to know where you're moving when you come back from Japan? Have you thought about moving to Portland? I would like a roommate. :)
I'm searching....just thought I'd let you know.
I've been reading your blog...it's very good.
It is a sad song. But sad is beautiful too.
I'm not moving to Portland. Actually, maybe I'm not leaving Japan...
Sorry for the infrequent posts recently. I'm a nutcase.
Post a Comment
I'm not moving to Portland. Actually, maybe I'm not leaving Japan...
Sorry for the infrequent posts recently. I'm a nutcase.
<< Home
