Thursday, April 06, 2006

Let's write some poems!

After giving my eikaiwa students a sample poem, I asked them to write their own. Pretty successful, I think!!


What are Heavy?
by Mrs. Hirano

What are heavy?
Expectations and my weight.
What are brief?
Happy days and my life.
What are frail?
Dreams and my heart.
What are deep?
A mother’s love and prayers.


What are beautiful?
by Mrs. Uchiyama

What are beautiful?
Love and grandchildren.
What are warm?
Spring sunshine and hearts.
What are valuable?
Diamonds and art.
What are fast?
Aircraft and prosperous years.

Comments:
I wish I could do as well!!!- Kudos to the poets.
 
That SOOOO rocks. I'm totally stealing that idea!
 
I'm so glad you enjoyed the poems! I was really impressed too. It seems hard to write a poem in a foreign language, but this was a simple format so it worked!

ありがとう!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter