Sunday, March 26, 2006
A Cranky Sore
I have a huuuuge issue with my tongue. The bottom right side has swelled up and I can hardly talk. I ate almost nothing yesterday because it hurts so much. Even drinking water hurts because I have to move my tongue to swallow and it rubs against my teeth.
I did drink a ton of water yesterday, though, because I don’t know what else to do. I washed my mouth with hydrogen peroxide last night and this morning. It’s very dangerous, I know, but the swollen area bubbled so much and actually it decreased in size a lot. I won’t do it again because it’s so bad for the teeth.
I have no idea what caused this… stress from traveling? lack of sleep? change in diet in Korea? I hope it goes away soon ‘cause I’ll need to talk and be polite with the new teachers when they arrive.
Does anyone know if warm, salt-water rinses actually HELP canker sores (I assume that’s what this is) or if they are just soothing? Any other good medicine or advice?
Pleath help!
I did drink a ton of water yesterday, though, because I don’t know what else to do. I washed my mouth with hydrogen peroxide last night and this morning. It’s very dangerous, I know, but the swollen area bubbled so much and actually it decreased in size a lot. I won’t do it again because it’s so bad for the teeth.
I have no idea what caused this… stress from traveling? lack of sleep? change in diet in Korea? I hope it goes away soon ‘cause I’ll need to talk and be polite with the new teachers when they arrive.
Does anyone know if warm, salt-water rinses actually HELP canker sores (I assume that’s what this is) or if they are just soothing? Any other good medicine or advice?
Pleath help!
Comments:
<< Home
OK, Ewwww.
Having twenty more years of hard living than you, I'm still not sure I can offer much help. If it's really a canker sore, it's going to behave like a viral infection and the best you can do is pain manage until it goes away. Salt water wash shouldn't hurt. If it's an infection, then you should see a doctor if it doesn't go away pretty quickly. You might check out-
http://familydoctor.org/613.xml
Carolyn and I are off to Italy in April! She says "Hi". Maytag and Sundance probably say "Hi" too. Who can tell?
cheers,
Jonathan
Having twenty more years of hard living than you, I'm still not sure I can offer much help. If it's really a canker sore, it's going to behave like a viral infection and the best you can do is pain manage until it goes away. Salt water wash shouldn't hurt. If it's an infection, then you should see a doctor if it doesn't go away pretty quickly. You might check out-
http://familydoctor.org/613.xml
Carolyn and I are off to Italy in April! She says "Hi". Maytag and Sundance probably say "Hi" too. Who can tell?
cheers,
Jonathan
Thank you so much! I actually got lots of advice and Bonjela offers, but I think the medicine from Asagami-sensei (the dentist) is what really worked. Just took a couple days to heal, but I'm all better now!!
Now all I'm worried about is this twitching eye...
And I wish I were joking!!!
Post a Comment
Now all I'm worried about is this twitching eye...
And I wish I were joking!!!
<< Home

