Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Few of My Favorites From Thailand

I’m putting just five of my favorite Thailand ocean pictures here.

Considering we arrived at the airport with absolutely nothing (no plan, no reservations, no Lonely Planet or even travel ideas) we did pretty well. We asked a woman at the airport tourist counter where she recommended we go and then made it our “personal legend” to reach the Similan Islands. We spent half our time getting to Simlian and the other half getting back from them, but the two day, one night stay on the small archipelago made the travel time time well-spent.

These are the Simlian Islands








observant



We rode more buses and hailed more taxis (well, you don’t actually have to hail them, the drivers come running after you.) than you can shake a stick at. Any type of bus we were willing to quickly jump aboard—not always understanding where exactly it was going. We traveled in style on the VIP night bus from Krabi to Bangkok, but also had our share of rusty, city buses full of Thai people and doors that never closed.

I’ll remember the clear-blue ocean, the international tourists, and the great massages, but I’ll visit again for the warm, hospitable and beautiful people.


Comments:
That's what I thought too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter