Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Now That's Ramen!


It’s hard to get any rest around here…people taking our picture even while we sleep!

Our first week on Kamigoto was very full! Friday afternoon we met Yuka for some balloon ice cream, melon ice cream and various other freezer delights. Then had lunch with all the (now old) ALTs in Urakuwa. Blaine and Emma were both there as well—nice to have new faces.



Joelle and Laura having a chat.



Blaine and Steven slurping up their noodles the correct way. Steven was so happy to have another man to grunt with—hanging out with the Kenney girl’s isn’t always easy! Blaine told us such a funny story about his recent experience at the Japanese dentist—he had us rolling in laughter! (By the way, I just went to the dentist today and my teeth feel GREEEAT! I got both tops and bottoms cleaned in ONE day!! Blaine, you really need to visit my dentist!)



The last time I saw Laura before she went back home. (Hi Laura! Hope you’re settling in fine and enjoying everything you missed so much while in Japan—and not missing everything you loved about Japan too much either!)



And we saw a CJ-2C jeep this afternoon. My sister’s a car nut—but I’m so glad she’s a car nut because she fixed Kuro kuma-kun one morning he didn’t start just by banging under the hood with a hammer. She’s amazing, that one!



In the afternoon we went to see the waterfall Hifumidaki in Arikawa.

Filling my water bottle—granted this water source is a little sketchy and I don’t recommend you try this!



Steve breaking in his Fuji shoes (on this short paved path). I couldn’t help but laugh.



Joelle and me on the bridge.



Steven and Joelle… on another bridge.



Me at the waterfall.



Joelle at the waterfall.



Steven (dangerously) climbed to get this view above the waterfall.



Joelle and Steven.



Okay, I get to leave school now—this week is torture with 35 hours at my desk on NOT a single work-related thing to do! I’ve been reading Harry Potter for the last two days. This is certainly a shock to my system which has been on vacation for the last 2 weeks plus! It’s days like these that make me think 2 years on the JET program is sufficient—what a waste of time!

Love, Sierra


Comments:
Sie,
The last picture of YOU and Steven...I know we look alike, but...
Love Ya!
Joe
 
Oh yeah, you're right Joe! Sorry! Love, Sie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter