Sunday, April 24, 2005

Strike This Day

Today fucking sucks. That’s all there is to it. And what’s better than breathing deeply, trying to relax and moving on? WALLOWING IN IT! So, a little compilation from all my friends who think this day (or this week) has sucked.

My friend living in Guatemala right now says,
“Well, first and foremost to cut straight to the heart of matters I am more homesick than I've ever been in my life. I AM SO HOMESICK. All of me just wants to pack up my bags and catch the next flight out of the country. But, what would I do? Where would I go? That's the problem. Also, I know I need to just wait it out and buck up, but nothing has ever been so hard in my life and I'm not really sure why, it just is. I'm not really the giving up type, but WOW is this horrible.”

My mom (who with her luggage arrived home safely, by the way) says,
“I have to admit, I was a bit depressed on Saturday. I don't know, coming down from travel, getting used to things American. I was very surprised to have this reaction.”

I also forgot to mention that she was pulled over by a police car on Wednesday morning before she left Kamigoto. Her charge? Not wearing a seat-beat! I wish he had ticketed her! That’da been great! She needs to learn that seatbelts are NOT optional—even if they aren’t against the law (and where’s that really anymore?) you should wear them because IT’S STUPID NOT TO!

Moving on—or rather NOT moving on, but DWELLING… My friend Rajfull from India also having a streak of bad luck. He writes,
“"am i the only one...." that’s one of the lines from some song by backstreets boys band, dont know if that applies to only me when it comes to worst week of my life. it goes something like this, mom is not doing well so me & dad got in making this major lunch on sunday, my god making is big headache after eating cleaning all plates another one, which i got to do, i do it everyday these days but weekend it was extra load since we made some real fancy foods, on top of that my TV has not been workin since past 1 week thats like 7days my god what m i suppose to do whole day when i cant get out too much bcoz cant leave mom alone how long can i sit on front of this PC.

apart from that i m hunting for job these days so one company called me for 2nd round since i cleared the 1st round , interview goes well , but in end main point "PAYCHECK", they re offering me damn less then what is going on in industry, what is this suppose to mean exploitation, that’s not fair, so i try to talk it out with them, what happens next they r like plz think over it and let us know, i m not gone reduce my esteem by working at lower pay, i m not gone call, if i do that it might look that i m desperate to get job also i have spoken to few of ppl in industry and they have said no point in working for that pay, so i m just gone wait & watch.

[here's where it really gets good...]

weekend as said was no fun, friends are away not single person was fuckin free to spend time with me , no movie, no dinner, no outing no hang out nothin at all man that sux, then from somewhere this dude comes up he is kind of my child hood friend. i hate that dude he is one liar ass, but i had no option so i went for walk with him and we went walkin long and stood on top of this road bridge damn nice place, even i go there a lot when i m just lonely & feel sad, just stand there by c ppl and its top view so from there some mountains & greener is visible, so kind of calm place except of those cars passing by & honking like hell. sky was bit cleared and it was full moon and clouds were formed in such way as if there is water up there , waves were formed, kind of real romantic scene and who is with me instead of a girl this dude whom i hate like hell. man it sux big times when u dont have friends around or even girlfriend, sometimes i feel i have a lot of friends but wonder how many r real of those guys, bcoz of absence of them when i sometime need them very badly, i guess thats just life, happens move on guy u r just another person amongst 6 billion on this earth , apart from animals & other living being, move on dude.”

He, he. This is almost getting funny…

My friend Michelle, up in Hokkaido (northern Japan) writes,
“Okay, so I'm having a bad week and Sierra wants me to write about it. Fair enough.

Premenstrual syndrom. I have it really bad. So there I was, sitting on the steps of the back door of my school, alone. Crying_alone_on_the_steps. No one noticed. Only an hour earlier, I was laughing my buns off because my JTE was speaking Engrish. He said to me "The weiner of the Bingo game is the one who gets 3 across." I said to him, repeat after me, "winner." He repeated after me, "weiner." I was laughing out loud so hard that the vice principal actually looked up and commented. I almost peed my pants, except when I looked at the JTE's face and he was looking pretty angry and/or confused as to why I was laughing "at" him. In addition to all of the nonsense that happened today, I told two of my students quite firmly to "shut up."
They were talking reallllllly loudly while a girl was trying to answer a question in English class. Today was a miserable day. Oh, and there was this soup for lunch that almost made me throw up.”

Daniel contributes to the cause,
“My April 25th was shitty mostly because I had to go to work and concentrate on important things like Test Evaluation Master Plans and Configuration Control Boards (except all anyone says is TEMP or CCB and I have to wonder what the fuck everything means), while at the same time poor Sierra was having an awfuller day than mine, in a small town and a strange country. How am I supposed to get anything done?!”

Now, it wouldn't be my blog if I didn't do my little share of bitching,
"Today is my official WORSE DAY IN JAPAN. It's shitty because... oh, where do I start? I was humiliated--lost all sense of dignity and had a miserable at work, but I couldn't crawl under my desk and scream while punching something (which I really wanted to do), I had to grin and bear it.

First of all, I did taxes all day. If that's not enough to make you scream--add filling out a bunch of Japanese paperwork about stocks, shareholders and other crap that you believe to be totally irrelevant and useless. My supervisor was being really difficult. Everything I did, she tried to get her nose into... and I just wanted to figure it out myself because I was sure I didn't need to waste my time with this paperwork that I couldn't understand anyway. Eventually I just asked Hatakeyama-sensei and he said, indeed, I didn't need to fill it out.

Then, Koichiro and I got in a fight this weekend. Twice. It's a really long story that I don't really care to get into, but the fact that I had to be working (on taxes!) along side him all day today made it truely awful. I tried to patch things, but it only made things worse because then my supervisor knew what was going on and I was so embarrassed. (Cue loss of self-respect and dignity.) Then, I finally asked if I could talk to Hatakeyama-sensei and I totally avoided the real problem until finally he goes, "Koichiro told me everything last night and he's really worried." Hatakeyama saves the day. Again. By the end of the day, I nakanoried the situation with Koichiro, but it was still really awkward and miserable. I wrote a little poem when I was upset--but there's no way in hell I'm going to share it with you. It sucks.

The evening was a little bit better. I got a lot accomplished at home. Finally finished painting the bathroom and planted some tomato and cucumber plants I bought this weekend. I had dinner with Tajima-sensei the new art teacher and he helped me with my Japanese test and PAID for the meal and so I was in much better spirits when I finally got home. It was rough going there for a while though!

Thanks Alex for listening to me when I needed to scream!!!"

I know there are more of you out there who had a crap-fest Monday, so please share with us!
Sierra

next post


Comments:
Hi,

Is it Crystal in Guatemala? Sounds like her writing.

-M
 
Love ya.
Oh, I'm drunk btw.
 
Sierra, life is a journey. We must try to live this journey of life with our brains. Our brains are very nice instruments of creativity and predicatability. With our brains we can achieve anything. Our hearts guide us in times of challenge. Our brains and hearts make us feel so great. Remember. I am drunk. I hope this doesn't spoil your site. Best wishes. Love, Michelle (living in Japan is easier when drunk...but I don't get this way very often. Remember Linfield? It was a fun time). Love, Michelle. A good friend, not your best friend, but a darn good friend. i love you. Don't you forget that. I do. Bye. Even when I'm drunk I try to do good spelling. Bye).
 
If you see an egg in the sky, thank me. Because I gave you that egg. You see, that egg is from a Chicken and chickens come from God. But I love chickens, so that means that chickens like me. So thank me and God for the chickens. I want you to enjoy eggs and chickens. God would like you to enjoy everyone and everthing. You can't thank me for the chickens, actually, because the chickens aren't really from me. No they aren't. But, God is the one who made the chickens. May the chickens bless your table every Sunday. Love,
Michelle

Take care. Remember, I am drunk.

I love you.
 
Oh, for everyone reading this, I am leaving Japan soon. So I won't disturb the website of Sierra much longer. But I love Sierra. Don't you forget that. Even though sometimes I argue with her, that doesn't mean that I don't love her. I really love her...in the friendly kind of way. I admire Sierra because she is brave and exciting. No matter how silly her job in Japan is, she'll always be fun and exciting to me. Thank Sierra for her bravery by living in Japan. Thank Sierra for her abiltiy to speak Japanese. She is charming, loving, brave, and silly all in one. I love Sierra and everything she stands for. When I leave Japan I will be sad because we will probably lose touch. But, I want her to know that she is a remarkable person and that she will do well in life. She need not worry, she is inspirational. Love, Michelle
 
Did you have an enkai last night or what?

No, it's not Crystal in Guatemala. She's not even in Guatemala. She's in Portland. Guess again.

And so long as you have the internet, you will always be able to "disturb the website of Sierra."
 
Sierra,

I am soooo sorry! I drank a whole bottle of wine and a little shochu last night! By myself....yes, it is dumb and dangerous alone. Anyway, the things I said are pretty silly. I meant all the nice things I said about you. But, forget what I was saying about chickens. I don't know where that came from. Hope it entertained you for a little while.

Love,
Michelle
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter