Thursday, April 07, 2005
Like Mother, Like Daughter
Oh, did I mention yet? I passed the test and am now a purple belt!! This is going to be the last “easy” belt. Not that it was easy to get, but it only took me about seven months to get here. I’ll probably have this purple belt for a much longer time. The next tests are in June and September, and I’m not sure I’ll be ready this June. Matsuzono-sensei will tell me when I’m ready.
This is the cute little five-year old girl. She is TINY and such a doll! Despite her size and age, she takes karate very seriously! It’s enough to make my ovaries quiver.

Chatting it up with the boys. The guy on the far right is Naoya, a high school student that is too adorable for words. He’s got dimples... Sooo handsome! And the boy in the middle, from Wakamatsu Junior High School, always makes me laugh. He’s a cutie too!


I sparred a bunch with Koichiro tonight. (I guess he didn’t remember how I crippled Use-sensei a couple weeks ago by kicking him in the balls.) It’s a lot of fun to spar, but I’m still a little shy about it. If I knew that I could NOT hurt someone by kicking them my hardest, I would really kick my hardest, but because I know I have a strong kick, (and that it can land in unwanted places) I hold back. Like Daniel told me when he watched me spar in November, if I hold back, I’m only slowing myself down. When I go full speed I can get solid hits—which is the goal, of course.
I did get some solid punches against Koichiro too, but man—He is fast! Here’s us sparring.



After sparring I get to kick with this man. Every practice, without fail. He’s awesome for holding the bag for me all the time.


This is Kyohei and Koichiro sparring. Kyohei is one of my junior high school boys, and I didn’t quite realize just how strong he is until tonight. You know how you can tell how big a puppy is going to be by the size of his paws? Well, if this guys feet is any indication of future growth, he’s going to be huge!

Matsuzono-sensei teaching Mama the correct posture.


A close-up on my purple belt.

There was more discussion regarding my weight today. They called me overweight again. They say only a little, and I should loose a few kilos. It’s just so shocking to have a bunch of men sitting around discussing my weight WHEN I’M PRESENT! I know it’s true, I could loose a few kilos, but… really, do THEY need to tell me about it?
Matsuzono-sensei gestures, “Sierra’s thiiiiiiis big!

After karate practice we stopped by a park with some lanterns and saw some people having a hanami party. We were asked to stay and drink with the strangers, but we were all sweaty from practice so we just got some pictures and left.

Beautiful picture Mama!

Pictures from fishing on Saturday coming soon!
Love, Sierra
and my mom DID kick ass!
sie
<< Home

