Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Qoo your way to my heart, kyoto-sensei!
Tell me where to rendezvous! Tonight all the ALTs are getting together to have dinner with Peter’s mum and aunt and Laura’s parents. It’s pretty surprising that we’re all coming together to be in the same room for a meal. We haven’t done that since Kerry was here.
Sniffle… Kerry…
This morning I played soccer with the “team” and Iwahashi-sensei. There were only three boys on this team, but we’re hoping that enough students sign up and we can make soccer an after-school sport next year. I’ve been asked to be Assistant Coach if we do make a team!! Wow! I hope boys come out! I WANT to play! Unfortunately, it’s not looking so good. Most students want to play baseball and even the baseball team only has about 10 players. Small schools…
I was called “high tension” again this morning. In the car on the way to help the new kyoto-sensei move into his apartment, I was singing along to the radio and Tsuchi said I was “high tension.” Koichiro called me that a couple months ago and I couldn’t really take it as a compliment, even though he said is was a good thing. When I hear high tension I think ADD. I don't have ADD, I’m just a happy person. Tsuchi confirmed that it was not a bad thing, in English it’d be like saying, “You look so excited!”
“Before rice, what was there?”
I’m getting kind of fat. Not really fat-fat, but I have a “san dan bara” (3-Step Belly, whatever that means). I’m trying to blame it on the rice. I started eating rice everyday for lunch and dinner about a month ago and it’s been in the last month that I gained like 3-4 kilos. Peter told me the typical Japanese person eats tons of rice, but most of them are not fat. So it’s just in American culture that simple carbohydrates are the devil. I don’t think carbs are bad. I think they are necessary, but maybe I didn’t eat so many before I started eating so much rice. But when I try to think what I ate before rice, I can’t think of anything. I can’t stop eating rice. It tastes wonderful!
When I got back from my morning with the soccer team there was a drink on my desk from the new kyoto-sensei. It’s called Qoo. The new guy seems nice (his wife used to be an English teacher so she speaks well), but I really miss my old vice-principal. Saying those three goodbyes yesterday was really hard. Tomonaga-sensei was crying as his small little band played the school song on the dock as the ferry pulled away. I ran after his ferry and waited until it was out of view before leaving. It was so hard.
Off to see Shingo off now! These goodbye’s never end!
Love, Sierra
Sniffle… Kerry…
This morning I played soccer with the “team” and Iwahashi-sensei. There were only three boys on this team, but we’re hoping that enough students sign up and we can make soccer an after-school sport next year. I’ve been asked to be Assistant Coach if we do make a team!! Wow! I hope boys come out! I WANT to play! Unfortunately, it’s not looking so good. Most students want to play baseball and even the baseball team only has about 10 players. Small schools…
I was called “high tension” again this morning. In the car on the way to help the new kyoto-sensei move into his apartment, I was singing along to the radio and Tsuchi said I was “high tension.” Koichiro called me that a couple months ago and I couldn’t really take it as a compliment, even though he said is was a good thing. When I hear high tension I think ADD. I don't have ADD, I’m just a happy person. Tsuchi confirmed that it was not a bad thing, in English it’d be like saying, “You look so excited!”
“Before rice, what was there?”
I’m getting kind of fat. Not really fat-fat, but I have a “san dan bara” (3-Step Belly, whatever that means). I’m trying to blame it on the rice. I started eating rice everyday for lunch and dinner about a month ago and it’s been in the last month that I gained like 3-4 kilos. Peter told me the typical Japanese person eats tons of rice, but most of them are not fat. So it’s just in American culture that simple carbohydrates are the devil. I don’t think carbs are bad. I think they are necessary, but maybe I didn’t eat so many before I started eating so much rice. But when I try to think what I ate before rice, I can’t think of anything. I can’t stop eating rice. It tastes wonderful!
When I got back from my morning with the soccer team there was a drink on my desk from the new kyoto-sensei. It’s called Qoo. The new guy seems nice (his wife used to be an English teacher so she speaks well), but I really miss my old vice-principal. Saying those three goodbyes yesterday was really hard. Tomonaga-sensei was crying as his small little band played the school song on the dock as the ferry pulled away. I ran after his ferry and waited until it was out of view before leaving. It was so hard.
Off to see Shingo off now! These goodbye’s never end!
Love, Sierra
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Sie,
Someone told me today that "high tension" means "hyper." I think that's right. I used to be called "high tension" too, but I have calmed down a lot. You know, people in Japan tend to hide their emotions, so Westerns seem to be very hyper or something because we're always expressing ourselves.
-Michelle
Post a Comment
Someone told me today that "high tension" means "hyper." I think that's right. I used to be called "high tension" too, but I have calmed down a lot. You know, people in Japan tend to hide their emotions, so Westerns seem to be very hyper or something because we're always expressing ourselves.
-Michelle
<< Home
