Thursday, July 19, 2007
Summertime
I have a lot of new pictures, and even more new things to share. Since I'm not sure I'll stay awake long enough to do pictures I'll at least get the headlines down.
1. I was hit by a car.
The story from the beginning is that I got a new bike--a beautiful 2006 orange and white Novara Stada. I practically stole the bike, getting it and a million accessories for less than half the original price. I have loved riding around Boston, but I've been a little wary of oblivious Bostonian drivers, too. A couple weekends ago I was riding to my softball practice and I got hit by a car. Luckily neither the bike nor me (nor car) were damaged, but I was shaking for a couple hours. The worst part is, the car didn't even know they hit me! They just kept on driving through the crosswalk!! Unbelieveable.
2. I'm in love.
Erdem and I are as happy as two peas in a pod. We spend every waking (and sleeping) minute together and we both can't stop cooing and cuddling the whole time. He's keeping me a very happy woman, and I can finally say that I'm staying in Boston. ...or maybe we'll move to Turkey together! We've talked about it several times already!!!
Tonight Erdem suggested Redbones, a Somerville BBQ restaurant which has a 30-40 minute wait even on weeknights, and although I've had several hours to digest I still feel full. I introduced the restaurant to Erdem a couple weeks ago when we were in Davis Square for a small theatre production, and I think he was craving their white-trash sundae.
3. I have a job interview.
I love my job at Approach, but I've got an interview for a video-editing position at a company called Ab Initio here in Boston. I wasn't looking for this, it just fell into my lap, and I'm not going to give up the opportunity to at least follow the lead. For now, I'm asking for part-time work in the evenings and weekends since I haven't been in this field since college (and even then it was just summer jobs!) but I think the company and people sound like a lot of fun, and who knows what it will turn into!
4. I'm going to a Red Sox game.
I can't say I've joined the craze in Boston, but I am finally going to see Daisuke Matsutaka, and who better with than my softball team. The whole team isn't going, but one of our players, a travel agent here in Boston set up a combination Pekking duck lunch-Red Sox game ticket for a reasonable price and we're all going. I think they play the White Sox this Saturday?
It's 4 a.m. and I need to try to go back to sleep. Will post the pictures soon! I swear they are ready to go!
Love, Sie
1. I was hit by a car.
The story from the beginning is that I got a new bike--a beautiful 2006 orange and white Novara Stada. I practically stole the bike, getting it and a million accessories for less than half the original price. I have loved riding around Boston, but I've been a little wary of oblivious Bostonian drivers, too. A couple weekends ago I was riding to my softball practice and I got hit by a car. Luckily neither the bike nor me (nor car) were damaged, but I was shaking for a couple hours. The worst part is, the car didn't even know they hit me! They just kept on driving through the crosswalk!! Unbelieveable.
2. I'm in love.
Erdem and I are as happy as two peas in a pod. We spend every waking (and sleeping) minute together and we both can't stop cooing and cuddling the whole time. He's keeping me a very happy woman, and I can finally say that I'm staying in Boston. ...or maybe we'll move to Turkey together! We've talked about it several times already!!!
Tonight Erdem suggested Redbones, a Somerville BBQ restaurant which has a 30-40 minute wait even on weeknights, and although I've had several hours to digest I still feel full. I introduced the restaurant to Erdem a couple weeks ago when we were in Davis Square for a small theatre production, and I think he was craving their white-trash sundae.
3. I have a job interview.
I love my job at Approach, but I've got an interview for a video-editing position at a company called Ab Initio here in Boston. I wasn't looking for this, it just fell into my lap, and I'm not going to give up the opportunity to at least follow the lead. For now, I'm asking for part-time work in the evenings and weekends since I haven't been in this field since college (and even then it was just summer jobs!) but I think the company and people sound like a lot of fun, and who knows what it will turn into!
4. I'm going to a Red Sox game.
I can't say I've joined the craze in Boston, but I am finally going to see Daisuke Matsutaka, and who better with than my softball team. The whole team isn't going, but one of our players, a travel agent here in Boston set up a combination Pekking duck lunch-Red Sox game ticket for a reasonable price and we're all going. I think they play the White Sox this Saturday?
It's 4 a.m. and I need to try to go back to sleep. Will post the pictures soon! I swear they are ready to go!
Love, Sie