Friday, July 27, 2007

Few and Far Between

Blog posts aren't so regular anymore, but I've got a treat today.

Erdem and I came home from school and napped for over three hours today. Now it's the middle of the night (I always post at this hour) and I'm wide awake with pictures and new stories!

Let's start with the Approach BBQ on the Charles River.



Here's the Turkish group plus me at the BBQ.



The "office women" at Approach.
Tayna and Luciana on the left are both Brazilian. Tayna and I have the same job and I LOVE working with her. Luciana is Academic Coordinator. Tulin is from Turkey and is a tutor.



Erdem and I getting pelted with a watergun.




Erdem and Musa playing "Shirts vs. Skins" soccer.



Squeezing four students into the back of my car. Yekaterina (Kazakhstan), Karen (Costa Rica), Tulin (Turkey), and Viktoriya (Russia). These were patient girls as I organized rides to and from the BBQ and they sat squished!



My favorite Taiwanese student, Hsiu-chia (pronunced "shoe"), and me. He lent me his GPS for the drive from Utah to Boston. A real sweetheart!



Taking a 4 person kayak out on the river sounded like a good idea, then I realized I just put myself into a boat with three Turkish men who had never canoed, kayaked or rowed before. That boat wouldn't go straight for the life of me! I wish I could say we had fun, but mostly we were frustrated. That's Erdem, me, Musa and Osman.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter