Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Play.

I'm dating several guys--most are very casual, but two are getting more serious. I'm very overwhelmed, and I feel like I need to make a decision soon. I want to date just one guy, but I like them all for different reasons. They are all such different people, who make me happy in different ways. What a complicated situation!!

The top two contenders are...

Talgat. He's from Kazakhstan, 31-years-old and treats me very well. He speaks Russian, Kazakh and his English is excellent. I love when he pronounces something with the hard Russian "h" because then I try not to smile at him and he knows what I'm smiling about and the conversation gets interrupted while he corrects his pronunciation. The eldest of four brother he is very responsible and caring. He had a Telecommunications company in Kazakhstan, which he gave to his brother to run while he's in Boston studying at Harvard Extension School. He wants to go to Harvard Business School, but he needs to improve his English a little more first. Our first weekend out he got really drunk--too drunk--and I was very disappointed with his behavior. When I went to his house this weekend to tell him how uncomfortable it made me feel he said, "Stop right there," and gave me a wrapped bottle of CK perfume and a sincere apology. I don't want to judge a man on his worst day, and I feel confident it won't happen again. He asked me to move in with him in May. He has an adorable apartment on the third floor of a house in Newton with a lease through June. We haven't discussed what would happen after that.

Erdem, from Turkey, is almost 24. He shares a birthday with my brother. He is studying at Approach to improve his English, but he also works several jobs under the table. He is so handsome and has these eyes that just burn into me when he looks at me. He's got the "bad boy" persona with tatoos, hair that's almost a mohawk and is ...quitting smoking. Yes, he is actually quitting!! We went dancing on Friday night with my friends and it was absolutely perfect. He's a little bit shy, so when I didn't dance close to him he pulled me closer. It was very sweet. Although his English isn't at good as Talgat's, we take our time and have good conversations. We have a pretty strong connection. Sometimes I can't believe that he actually likes me. He's too good-looking!! He's lived in Boston for just two months, but already he has a car with GPS and knows more places than I do! He has a very strong work ethic and is a commited person. He asked if he can come cheer me on at my softball games. Immediately after I met him I didn't want to date anyone else, but then Talgat apolgized and came back into my life. He has asked me to stop dating other guys and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Tom recommended I have a weekend away with both of them because traveling will help bring out new dynamics. I think it's an excellent idea, but what if I have a great time with both of them and it just makes the decision harder? I don't want to hurt or disappoint either of them. I've also contemplated taking a step back, getting to know them both better as friends, then moving forward with one, but I think that's pretty much impossible.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter