Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Stressy Twich-Eye
I'm so busy that my eye is twitching. This happens to me every once in a while. I don't get shoulder tension or stomach ulcers, but I get stressy twitch-eye.
So I told you I posted a personal ad on craigslist a week ago Monday. I've been on lots of dates (almost every day of the week, although sometimes with the same guy). It's fun to meet lots of new people, and some of them have awesome potential.
I was pretty excited about an Israeli guy called Nitai last week, but things have cooled between us and I'm pretty sure it's over. I have the tendancy to get reallyreallyreally excited about a guy, tell all my friends about him, and then two days later it's over. I took some really bad advice from my boss Tom, and yesterday pretty much screwed up whatever might have been left with Nitai. (He said I was "too sweet." Whatever!!) I still had a lot to learn about him, but I was crushing pretty hard for a while.
It's okay though, easy-come, easy-go. There are plenty more where that came from.
I'm also getting close to another transition. I've recently been in contact with Michelle, Director at Approach In'tl Student Center. I've accepted the job offer for Registrar/Student Affairs Coordinator and will begin training soon. I'm hoping to begin as early as next week because Tom and the kids are on vacation in Florida and I have every afternoon free. Berlitz in the morning and Approach until 6 every night.
My English students at Berlitz love me. All three of them said they will only re-enroll/continue classes if I am their teacher. Aaaaaawww!!!! They make me feel so special every day. Today Heike (Germany) made a face and said, "Who would be teaching me after you leave? I hope it's not the lady at the front desk!" She's absolutely certain that no one could do as good as job as me. All we do in class is gossip about my most recent dates and talk about her life, but we do have a special relationship. I am the luckiest!
The semi-private class with Narges (Iran) and Carmit (Israel) is ending in a few weeks. It was Carmit's idea to figure out a way to cut out the Berlitz commission and continue classes privately. We worked out a deal where they save money because I won't penalize for missed classes, and I earn 4x more money. So I'm pretty sure my schedule is going to be mighty hectic this spring!
I'm started investigating new housing situations as well. I'm hoping for a May 1st move date. Always trying to save money... so Narges has offered to ask around Chestnut Hill Tower and see if there's a family or an elderly couple who would like some live-in assistance. There are plenty of people who are single and lonely and could use a part-time helper. Just some simple cleaning or errand running. If I just got room and board that'd be great, but all of the people in that building are doing more-than-okay financially, so I might even get paid as well. If I'm really lucky I could get free use of a car!
Last weekend I met the former Minister of Social Security of Iran. She appeared to be a very proper woman, but there was no superficial exterior--she was very kind to me. And now I've got two matchmakers finding me a nice Iranian husband ...lol.
So I told you I posted a personal ad on craigslist a week ago Monday. I've been on lots of dates (almost every day of the week, although sometimes with the same guy). It's fun to meet lots of new people, and some of them have awesome potential.
I was pretty excited about an Israeli guy called Nitai last week, but things have cooled between us and I'm pretty sure it's over. I have the tendancy to get reallyreallyreally excited about a guy, tell all my friends about him, and then two days later it's over. I took some really bad advice from my boss Tom, and yesterday pretty much screwed up whatever might have been left with Nitai. (He said I was "too sweet." Whatever!!) I still had a lot to learn about him, but I was crushing pretty hard for a while.
It's okay though, easy-come, easy-go. There are plenty more where that came from.
I'm also getting close to another transition. I've recently been in contact with Michelle, Director at Approach In'tl Student Center. I've accepted the job offer for Registrar/Student Affairs Coordinator and will begin training soon. I'm hoping to begin as early as next week because Tom and the kids are on vacation in Florida and I have every afternoon free. Berlitz in the morning and Approach until 6 every night.
My English students at Berlitz love me. All three of them said they will only re-enroll/continue classes if I am their teacher. Aaaaaawww!!!! They make me feel so special every day. Today Heike (Germany) made a face and said, "Who would be teaching me after you leave? I hope it's not the lady at the front desk!" She's absolutely certain that no one could do as good as job as me. All we do in class is gossip about my most recent dates and talk about her life, but we do have a special relationship. I am the luckiest!
The semi-private class with Narges (Iran) and Carmit (Israel) is ending in a few weeks. It was Carmit's idea to figure out a way to cut out the Berlitz commission and continue classes privately. We worked out a deal where they save money because I won't penalize for missed classes, and I earn 4x more money. So I'm pretty sure my schedule is going to be mighty hectic this spring!
I'm started investigating new housing situations as well. I'm hoping for a May 1st move date. Always trying to save money... so Narges has offered to ask around Chestnut Hill Tower and see if there's a family or an elderly couple who would like some live-in assistance. There are plenty of people who are single and lonely and could use a part-time helper. Just some simple cleaning or errand running. If I just got room and board that'd be great, but all of the people in that building are doing more-than-okay financially, so I might even get paid as well. If I'm really lucky I could get free use of a car!
Last weekend I met the former Minister of Social Security of Iran. She appeared to be a very proper woman, but there was no superficial exterior--she was very kind to me. And now I've got two matchmakers finding me a nice Iranian husband ...lol.