Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Tonsillitis?
I am starting to get sick. I'm not sure what I have, but my tonsils are red, enlarged and painful. It's not really a sore throat, but coughing hurts my lungs. I'm still going to work this morning. I don't want to cancel my teaching job.
We had six kids over this weekend and two of them had the flu last week, and another one threw up Sunday night. I never worry about getting sick because I have an excellent immune system. Actually, even right now I don't really feel any different than usual. I just want to drink some throat coat tea to soothe my tonsils.
Yesterday I was asked out on a date. From a guy at Bank of America. It was pretty exciting. It's the bank right across from my work so I go there often. I've seen him about three times now. The first time we met I thought he was cute, but wasn't very impressed with him when he said, "My brother lives in Japan, but I have no interest whatsoever in going there." It was like insulting my mother---how could someone NOT be interested in going to Japan!?!? Or ANYWHERE in the world? I just thought, "typical American!" and left it at that. Regardless of his cuteness, if he doesn't want to travel, I'm not interested.
However, I went to open a CD account yesterday and he jumped at the opportunity to help me. We sat down and he started to explain the different options. After looking at my address he said, "Another Dover kid, huh?" I was like, "Not exactly!" Knowing that he is FROM this preppy town was just another turn-off!!
But actually he was really nice and down to earth. We discovered he lives just a few miles from me. We talked about life in Dover...or the lack of life in Dover. Then some there was some flirting--and I couldn't concentrate on the banking anymore! I couldn't look at him in the eyes because I would smile too much. I felt so silly!
Now that I know he's not just a fraternizing business major I think he's really hot. He's half Arabic so he's tall and dark. Yum, yum!
We had six kids over this weekend and two of them had the flu last week, and another one threw up Sunday night. I never worry about getting sick because I have an excellent immune system. Actually, even right now I don't really feel any different than usual. I just want to drink some throat coat tea to soothe my tonsils.
Yesterday I was asked out on a date. From a guy at Bank of America. It was pretty exciting. It's the bank right across from my work so I go there often. I've seen him about three times now. The first time we met I thought he was cute, but wasn't very impressed with him when he said, "My brother lives in Japan, but I have no interest whatsoever in going there." It was like insulting my mother---how could someone NOT be interested in going to Japan!?!? Or ANYWHERE in the world? I just thought, "typical American!" and left it at that. Regardless of his cuteness, if he doesn't want to travel, I'm not interested.
However, I went to open a CD account yesterday and he jumped at the opportunity to help me. We sat down and he started to explain the different options. After looking at my address he said, "Another Dover kid, huh?" I was like, "Not exactly!" Knowing that he is FROM this preppy town was just another turn-off!!
But actually he was really nice and down to earth. We discovered he lives just a few miles from me. We talked about life in Dover...or the lack of life in Dover. Then some there was some flirting--and I couldn't concentrate on the banking anymore! I couldn't look at him in the eyes because I would smile too much. I felt so silly!
Now that I know he's not just a fraternizing business major I think he's really hot. He's half Arabic so he's tall and dark. Yum, yum!
