Thursday, January 25, 2007

Me, the Libra.

A new friend just got me reading about the zodiac signs. I have never put too much faith in them, but I do find them interesting. I have been reading about my own personality, and then some ex-boyfriends. I can't believe how dead-on they usually are. My two most serious relationships have been with Aries, and I think I'm done with them.

I liked this particular quote about Libras.

With all her femininity, sweet mannerisms and lovely grace, this girl wears a pair of trousers with surprising ease, and they'll fit her rather neatly. Her mental processes operate with male logic and they can match yours in any discussion you care to start. They can even top yours on occasion, although the female side of the Libra woman is usually too smart to let you catch on to that until you're safely past the honeymoon. Through it all, however, you'll probably be drowning in her charm. She'll turn on that unbearably delicious smile every third sentence or so, and you'll end up changing your mind as effortlessly as she changes her sex by taking over the man's prerogative, then switching back to a cuddly love bunny. She'll convince you with pure clear logic. You won't lose much--except your pride--and you'll hardly miss that, under the spell of that gentle Libran smile. She's usually right, because her final decisions are as carefully considered as those of the Supreme Court.

She hates to play solitaire. Partnerships, in both business and romance, constitute her deepest need. She doesn't like to work alone, and she's literally incapable of living alone. Her nature is built for teamwork. She'll want to participate in as many of your interests and activities as possible. She's willing to entertain on her husband's behalf, and she's female enough to follow his lead when he wants to change his career, move to another city, or cultivate new friends. That's all his department. She's only there to smooth the way and be sure he doesn't goof anything by impulsive actions and ill-considered judgment.


The second paragraph especially--while I'm not incapable of living alone, I know from my time in Japan that it's not the optimum situation for me. You know I gained 10 or 15 pounds in Japan, which thank goodness I've lost since being back in the U.S. I think it's simply because I was lonely and I ate because I was bored.

Anyway, teamwork. I'm missing that here in Boston. I'm missing that in my life. I didn't quite realize it consciously, but after reading about the Libra personality I went, "Huh. That sounds right." I think by becoming a nanny, living with a family I was hoping to fill that void that I subconsciously knew would be missing in a new city full of strangers. Unfortunately in the end I don't have much "family time" here. I spend a lot of time alone in my room. It's okay, though. I'm a Libra who can live alone, even if she doesn't like it!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter