Sunday, December 24, 2006

My baby brother is all grown up!

I am having a great time at home. It's such a short visit, but I love being here. I'm having an awesome time with my brother. He is so grown up and mature now, but our friendship is just as close as ever. I feel confident in him. He's polite and loving and intelligent. I worried about him so much, but he's turning out to be a great man.

Yesterday we went shopping at the coast. There are outlets and I took James shopping at GAP for Christmas. I bought him new jeans and a sweater and he looks so good! He prefers womens jeans, and we actually ended up buying the same pair---same size and color, except mine were 8 long instead of regulars. Today we wore our matching jeans. It's so cool.

For dinner tonight we all got in the kitchen to prepare this intense meal. George, my mom, James and I were all busy for over an hour---and we put out this amazing feast. Of course, I was superviser as usual, and took my role of delegating jobs quite seriously! =) Someone HAS to be in charge!! When we all sat down it felt so good to have worked together to do it. And clean up with four people is such a breeze! The whole experience makes me want to shout out how much I love my family!!!

My brother can sing! I had no idea he had an interest in singing, nevermind talent! But as we were drying dishes tonight we started singing together. It was all inspired by a sung prayer before a meal at the Ball's house (a friend from high school)! I want so badly to sing well---but I'm just hopeless! So being around people who can sing makes me jump for joy! James started singing a song from Moulin Rouge and telling us about his appearance in the Job Corb talent show! I was so impressed!

So, as much as I wondered what would happen with James, I finally feel like it'll all work out positively. He always had potential, but now I'm sure that he'll realize it! I just wish we lived closer...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter