Friday, December 15, 2006
The Girlfriend
Things are okay here. I'm a little worried as I seem to be the complete opposite of my boss. Some unimportant situational differences--like he's always hot and I'm always cold--but also our lifestyles are as different as could be. I hate to waste food and drive more than necessary. I recycle and reuse things until they are completely worn out. I cook everything from scratch and buy only healthy food. I exercise regularly. I'm a typical Oregonian.
My boss throws EVERYTHING away despite it needing to be thrown out or not. He is so wasteful---almost throwing out my homemade refried beans which I spent all day preparing! Luckily I caught him in time. He wants to drive back and forth everywhere, not considering the gas that's guzzled up in his Hummer-like SUV! I'm worried that it'll get me so frustrated I won't be happy. To be honest I was already so frustrated I was starting to stress.
However, there's a light at the end of this dark tunnel.
Today I met my boss's girlfriend. She is closer in age to me than to him... or at least she acts like it. I was feeling a bit stressed today, but after meeting her I felt so much better. While my boss and I are pretty much opposites in terms of our lifestyle, his girlfriend is a lot like me. She eats healthy and cleans up after herself. She's easy to talk to and lots of fun. She says all the things I'm thinking!!!!
Don't get me wrong: my boss is a super guy in many ways. He's very concerned for my well-being and extremely generous. He really wants to make people happy, and is protective of his own. I was sneezing some today and he brought me a bottle of cough syrup. Now, that is a very thoughtful thing to do and I appreciate that he did it, but it's just another example of how totally different we are. I would never take cough syrup!! I know that's a silly example, and most of my examples from the day would be non-issues. However, there are a few that I feel strongly about (wastefulness, for example) and I'll struggle to keep quiet. I think this has a lot of potential--so long as I can learn to accept some of his ways, and he can learn to accept some of mine.
I am tired at the end of the day. Not really knowing the schedule and new people, places every day is exhausting. I'm hoping to write more often now that I have stories, not many close friends living nearby, and lots of people far away with whom I want to stay close. However, I did get to see DT yesterday and it reminded me how much I love my friends. Being able to have meaningful conversations with meaningful people sure is sweet!
And I miss my mom way more than I expected...
Good night all.
My boss throws EVERYTHING away despite it needing to be thrown out or not. He is so wasteful---almost throwing out my homemade refried beans which I spent all day preparing! Luckily I caught him in time. He wants to drive back and forth everywhere, not considering the gas that's guzzled up in his Hummer-like SUV! I'm worried that it'll get me so frustrated I won't be happy. To be honest I was already so frustrated I was starting to stress.
However, there's a light at the end of this dark tunnel.
Today I met my boss's girlfriend. She is closer in age to me than to him... or at least she acts like it. I was feeling a bit stressed today, but after meeting her I felt so much better. While my boss and I are pretty much opposites in terms of our lifestyle, his girlfriend is a lot like me. She eats healthy and cleans up after herself. She's easy to talk to and lots of fun. She says all the things I'm thinking!!!!
Don't get me wrong: my boss is a super guy in many ways. He's very concerned for my well-being and extremely generous. He really wants to make people happy, and is protective of his own. I was sneezing some today and he brought me a bottle of cough syrup. Now, that is a very thoughtful thing to do and I appreciate that he did it, but it's just another example of how totally different we are. I would never take cough syrup!! I know that's a silly example, and most of my examples from the day would be non-issues. However, there are a few that I feel strongly about (wastefulness, for example) and I'll struggle to keep quiet. I think this has a lot of potential--so long as I can learn to accept some of his ways, and he can learn to accept some of mine.
I am tired at the end of the day. Not really knowing the schedule and new people, places every day is exhausting. I'm hoping to write more often now that I have stories, not many close friends living nearby, and lots of people far away with whom I want to stay close. However, I did get to see DT yesterday and it reminded me how much I love my friends. Being able to have meaningful conversations with meaningful people sure is sweet!
And I miss my mom way more than I expected...
Good night all.