Thursday, August 31, 2006
The Shakes
We had a quick earthquake in Tokyo today. Nothing serious happened, but it sure scared me! My heart always races during earthquakes.
I noticed it before Yuki. We were both on our computers and I quickly shut my computer and said "Do you feel that?" Yuki still hadn't noticed. Then it got stronger and he said, "Go outside!!" so we rushed to the front door and ran out of the house without our shoes on. I still had my computer in my arms. I don't forget the important things!
No one else came outside. No one made any reactions. There were no aftershocks. It was just exciting for a couple seconds. But it's so Japanese to have an earthquake so I had to mention it. However, for all the earthquakes Japan has, it's only my second in two years.
Anyway, we're safe.

I noticed it before Yuki. We were both on our computers and I quickly shut my computer and said "Do you feel that?" Yuki still hadn't noticed. Then it got stronger and he said, "Go outside!!" so we rushed to the front door and ran out of the house without our shoes on. I still had my computer in my arms. I don't forget the important things!
No one else came outside. No one made any reactions. There were no aftershocks. It was just exciting for a couple seconds. But it's so Japanese to have an earthquake so I had to mention it. However, for all the earthquakes Japan has, it's only my second in two years.
Anyway, we're safe.
And the countdown begins: 6 days until we're in Oregon!