Monday, August 07, 2006

Baaah!!!

My posts have been far and few between!! I'm up to my ears in busy-ness. I know I mentioned before that I enjoy moving because it forces one to really "clean up and throw out." Well, I'm finally getting tired of it. I just want it to be over with now.

Yesterday afternoon I got a lot done. I was in that stage where I had half full boxes, tiny amounts of food in the fridge and cabinets, odds and ends that I couldn't decide what to do with. I finally finished filling some boxes so I could seal and send them. My clothes were in huge "keep" and "give-away" piles, but now they are finally packed in the luggage, ready to go. I even packed up my computer stuff and have just my laptop and ethernet cord remaining. Besides that I also baked banana bread, a pumpkin pie and a spinach quiche is in the oven now!! Talk about multi-tasking!!

Masami and Sawa came this afternoon to pick up a bunch of kitchen and garden supplies, and toys for Sawa. We carried bags and bags of things (everything from coat hangers to potting soil!) out to her car and I'm so glad they are going to someone who I love!

I was successfully able to burn DVDs of the video Catherine and I made in our last 6 weeks in Japan. It's an hour and a half of footage from our daily lives, and the places and people we often visited. It's a lot of fun, but learning the applications iMovie and iDVD, then editing it all (to perfection as a perfectionist does) took up so much of my time!! Anyway, it'll be a great memory to treasure for a long time!!

I've got a swimming date with Yuki's 8-year-old cousin Ken so I've got to run. This summer has been wonderful, though. I've been out of school for a week now, and still it hasn't hit me that it's not really "summer vacation" so much as "very much unemployed." Once I start the job searching in Tokyo I'm sure reality will hit!! For now I'll just be swimming in the sea, traveling around visiting friends and wearing lots of sunscreen--trying to balance those necessary fun times with the just as necessary packing and cleaning!!!!!

More posts (probably) after I'm off the island and visiting friends in Nagasaki, Fukuoka and Saitama. I have a million pictures to show everyone!!

(Sorry for the spelling errors and typos, no time to re-read!!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter