Monday, August 28, 2006

$50 for your trouble

Yuki and I have felt like mini-heros today. We just keep smiling and reminding each other that we assisted in the arrest of a Peeping Tom last night.

We were at the police station for 2 hours last night from 1:30 until 3:30 a.m., explaining what we we saw. Mostly Yuki did the talking and I threw in bits here and there. Yuki drew some amazing sketches of our apartment and the surrounding buildings to explain clearly to the investigator what we saw. His artistic skills continually amaze me!! Then just before we left they gave us each $50!! This really comes as a blessing as we are both strapped for money this month!

However, we've both been very jumpy today. When we hear sounds outside our window we both freeze and listen carefully. Mostly it's just cats or the neighbors, but we are going to be sure to lock all our doors and windows when we leave now! In fact I'm in the apartment alone now, as Yuki had to go to his university for an hour and I'm watching the windows especially carefully. Yuki's got plans with friends tonight so I have to be alone in the apartment all night! SCARY!!!

The whole situation has put us on the edge of our seats, but we both know that this is a singled event rather than organized crime. The police assured us that the guy was drunk and has a family and is unlikely to do anything like this again. He doesn't know that it was us who called the police, but I think it's not hard to figure out. The placement of a ladder along the wall (and the tools he had in his possession to open the window) shows that it was at least somewhat pre-meditated. I sure hope nothing like this happens again.

Today, the owners of the sento (bath house) came by with a present from Yuki. They gave me a handsome dark-blue bath towel from Ralph Lauren. It's very expensive looking and Yuki was elated to receive it. He keeps thanking me though, because he says he wouldn't have called the police if I hadn't dialed the number and shoved my phone in his hand.

Here are some pictures of the police and investigators in our house last night. They were taken with my camera phone so they aren't the highest quality, but it's proof they were here!!!

The photographer.



The police officer. You can really see the windows of the bath house from this shot.



I'm late to meet Yuki. More updates soon!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter