Saturday, July 29, 2006

Perfect Summer Day

I am absolutely exhausted. However, I just had the greatest day and I think if I don't share these pictures now they will be put off for a long time.
The day started with a hike on Hinoshima, or better known as Deer Island. We had the most beautiful views!!









What I was thinking was, "I'm going to post these pictures just to make everyone jealous that they don't live here!!!"


Well, did it work?
Are you jealous?

Catherine and I bought a bento and ate under the trees.



Just loved this shot.



We played a game of tennis in the boiling sun. We swam in the ocean at Takaitabi (for a couple minutes as we had already had maximum sun exposure on the hike and during tennis).

Then I baked an apple pie.



That's what it looked like before I baked it, but it's pretty much the same thing after baking. I was quite proud of this pie---the crust was being difficult (probably this weather is too warm for the cold butter) but it got good reviews!

Then we went to our tennis BBQ in our yukata (summer kimono) and ate and enjoyed time with our tennis friends and their children.



At the kid's table.



And we took a million shots of us at the ocean with the setting sun and our beautiful yukata!!











Me with Asagami-sensei.



We spent an hour at the town festival and I met two of my favorite students, Ta-chan and Ya-chan. Yasuhiro, the guy on my right is officially the cutest boy ever and I would put him in my suitcase and take him home if I could get away with it. They are not bright students, but they have hearts of gold!!



We went back to the BBQ for drinks and talking and watching fireworks over the ocean. It was an amazing day, but I am officially exhausted. I need sleep immediately.

YUKI GETS BACK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Comments:
You both look so beautiful. I can't believe that you're both leaving the island....who am I going to internet stalk now for Goto updates? :( I miss you!
love, kerry
 
You look so pretty in your summer kimono and the pictures look like it was a clear and perfect day. I wish I could have been there to hike too. Did you see any deer? Enjoy your last few days!
Nina
 
I KNOW those stairs!! I remember the beautiful lanterns hanging. I have spent all day looking up flights and mileage programs and credit cards for my next trip to Japan in November!

Love, mama
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter