Monday, June 19, 2006
Triathlong pictures
I'm feeling lots of emotions now. Eager to get started on my new adventures in Tokyo. Sad that I'm leaving my school when things are falling into place. Overwhelmed with all the things I need to do and goodbyes I need to say. Anxious about money and where my next paycheck is coming from. Nostalgic about this beautiful island and my memories here.
But anyway, this post is supposed to be triathlong pictures, which many people have been anxiously awaiting.
This is Takaitabi (the beach) a couple days before the race. The waves were pretty bad, and the current at this beach is notoriously strong.
On race day. Kara and I at our bikes.
I'm looking still half-asleep as I try to mentally prepare myself!
Getting close to the start of the race. A worried smile.
Finishing the swim and coming out of the ocean.
Mounting my bike for the next part of the race.
Officially starting the bike!
Going up the toughest hill on the route--Nitayama. (Don't look too closely; you can see my underwear!)
Stopping for a drink with students.
A picture of Qoo. I gave my camera to Yuki's mom to take pictures of me. I have one picture of me (the one going up Nitayama) and three pictures of Qoo. She said the battery ran out sooner than she expected. To be fair, I had forgotten to charge it the night before, but at least there was enough battery for the dog!
The last leg of the bike. I'm still smiling, but that's because I haven't started the run!!!
A sign the Nakagoto art club made for us.
And no pictures of the run... but I finished... looking wiped!
