Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Third post today... better to stockpile entries and post all at once than to never post at all!!
Last weekend Steve came to visit me on Goto. He's another ALT from the mainland who's been asking to come visit me on Goto for a long time. Sometime recently I realized that I'm really running low on weekends on my island. And I think I have something planned for every last day until I finish work.
Yes, the countdown has begun... but you'll have to ask Catherine because she's the one keeping track.
Anyway...
Steven is a fellow Oregonian. He's from Bend, but lived in Los Angeles before coming to Japan. He's also been in Japan for two years, but unlike me will be re-contracting for a third year.
**Steve Trivia: his kanji is really, really good!!
I have some pictures from his visit.
We went out for yakiniku and karaoke with Carrie and her dad visiting from Canada on Friday night.






Yes, the countdown has begun... but you'll have to ask Catherine because she's the one keeping track.
Anyway...
Steven is a fellow Oregonian. He's from Bend, but lived in Los Angeles before coming to Japan. He's also been in Japan for two years, but unlike me will be re-contracting for a third year.
**Steve Trivia: his kanji is really, really good!!
I have some pictures from his visit.
We went out for yakiniku and karaoke with Carrie and her dad visiting from Canada on Friday night.
Catherine and I love karaoke!! It feels like this picture was taken in a Hawaiian karaoke booth!
Saturday morning we walked around Komeyama--maybe I'll post some videos of that later.
Then we had lunch with the Shinji's. Here's a picture of Tsuneko and me.
While Tsuneko's husband went fishing, we went to the Deer Island.
Steve and deer.
And Saturday we went out for dinner with Kuwahara-sensei and friends.