Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stuff.

Did you all notice the pictures of Nina in the post below? I haven't mentioned on my blog yet, but Nina is coming to visit me for two weeks this July. I can't wait to have her!!!

Every morning I wake up with a lot on mind. This morning my thoughts were of the more ...fascinating variety, such as "Don't forget the download cord for the camera," and "Do the dishes before the cockroaches think they can move in."

Recently work as been really busy. I'm staying until 5 or 6 every day now. The trimester ends in July and finals begin this Thursday so I'm making tests for all my classes. Yesterday I was busy making final exams for juniors and seniors and I realized I was concentrating so hard that I didn't even notice it was time for class. Miki came up to me and said, "Ready to go?" I thought, "Ready to go where? I don't have class until 4th period!" Of course, it already was 4th period!

It doesn't help there are no bells at my school (teaching the kids (and me) responsibility and punctuality), but usually I notice the change of periods because the halls get a little louder and there's more traffic with teachers and coming and going. Any my stomach always starts to growl a little bit around 11:30 a.m.

It's funny how being busy can make you so much happier, and how the day goes by so quickly! I don't have to push unpleasant thoughts out of my mind, like, "How am I going to get through the whole morning without eating the entire box of omiyage in the staff room?"

So, some things I usually do at work are being pushed aside--such as writing on my blog and emailing friends, but in terms of job satisfaction--I've never felt better. It's so funny how work can change so much depending on who your co-workers are. These teachers don't mind giving me work to do!! I can actually make and grade my own tests for the final exams. It's not as if I'm not capable of it, and I have plenty of time. It's just whether or not they are willing to give me the opportunity. I'm glad I am working with Miki, Satomi and Harasaki this spring!

Today there were 7 students absent with influenza. Four more became sick at school today. Tomorrow is the beginning of final exams, but with 11 students absent in a class of 25, we're probably going to postpone the tests until next week.

**Japan Trivia: High school students that are sick on the day of a final exam are NOT allowed to retake the test. Even if it's a legitamite absence, they have no alternative test or day in case they are sick.

There are a couple more influenza cases in other classes, too, but rather than have the absent students take the tests at a later date, they postpone testing for the entire school! Hmm... I think that's pretty inefficient!

Okay, I'm going to be posting pictures of weddings, babies and friends soon!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter