Sunday, May 21, 2006

Arigato Yuki! My Mac Book is on it's way!

Yuki has done me a huge favor!! All that thinking and talking about a new computer. I’ve finally done it!



…Well, Yuki’s done it!

He went to Fukuoka yesterday, armed with all my information, copies of my cards, and $1,000 of my paycheck to order me a brand new Mac Book. I was going to go with him, but I was worried about bad weather this weekend and not getting back to my island in time for work Monday. (Would have been fine, but Typhoon #1 came Friday and I was nervous. Not going saved me $100 in ferry fees anyway.)

Actually obtaining the computer was a lot more difficult than I was expecting. Unless I had the cold hard cash, was willing to take a Japanese keyboard and forget the extra 20GB hard drive space I wanted, I wasn’t going to get a computer in the next two months.

Everything seemed to be holding me up. Not having all $2,000 this month meant I needed a loan. Being a foreigner meant I needed a Japanese guarantor to take out a loan. Not having a Japanese credit card meant I couldn’t order it online, but wanting to make changes to the computer (keyboard and adding GB) meant I couldn’t order it in the store.

I’d already started working on the credit card (thanks again to Yuki last week), but even that is taking three weeks for verifications and copies proving I live/work/am legal in Japan.) It’s just ridiculous to think I could get anything done with any sort of urgency. I was frustrated!

But today Yuki took out the loan in his name and ordered a brand-spanking new Mac Book for me! It’ll still take two weeks because it will be custom-made and sent to me, but much better than the two months I was looking at!

I really, really appreciate him. It’s risky to take out a loan in someone else’s name, especially for such a huge amount. I know I’m good for the money, but I’m not sure I could so willingly sign my name away like that. He’s a wonderful boyfriend—and he knows where I live so I guess I can’t run now!

And I think Yuki’s been looking at my Apple equipment (laptop, iPod, airport) so enviously that he’s probably going to get the same computer in a few weeks. We already have dueling iPods—what a pair we’ll be with dueling Mac Books, too!!!

...I can't wait to make this Titanium history!!!

Read all about the new Mac Books.


Comments:
Good luck with the training! You can do it!
 
Thank you both! Racing home now to start running before it rains!!

Stay tuned this week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter