Thursday, March 02, 2006

Watching like a hawk.

17 new emails in my inbox last night. If half of them weren’t misdirected (junk mail or a list serve) I would be elated. Actually, I was elated anyway. I love emails.

So Dawn thinks my boyfriend looks like to Elvis Presley. And after looking at a picture, I think she’s kinda right…

Vicky calls me “Smelly.” At first I thought it was just a spur of the moment name, but she’s used it more recently. She also emailed me and said my boyfriend couldn’t come to dinner because “he smells.”

Yuki convinced me buy this new leg shaver/hair-puller machine and I just adore it!!! Most of you know that I don’t shave my legs. And I still don’t, but thanks to this machine I have very* smooth legs now!

Actually, I’ve known about these handy little tools since I was in junior high or so. A friend of my mother’s was visiting from California and wooed all us country bumpkins with her new fangled hair-pulling apparatus. (At that time we were still using razors!!!) The shiny device whirred and buzzed—it was like getting a wax, but A LOT more painful! It’s also a lot cheaper in the long run and has other noteworthy benefits. Eventually the hair gets thinner and finer and you only need to use it occasionally. Perfect for the amount of attention I dedicate to “hair removal.”

My karate test is tonight. I’m going for the second level brown belt. I’ve only practiced about 3 times this year and the sensei is still letting me take the test. I sense favoritism, but I fear his wrath if I refuse to take it. Is this a healthy relationship?

Speaking of healthy, I’ve joined a new club on this island to start being healthier. Some of the island girls started a club called SFS (Sexy for Summer) and I’m the secretary. We had our first meeting last night and we’re encouraging each other to eat better and work-out more. We’ve made dates to go to the gym and take a group hike. I’m really looking forward to having others hold me accountable and giving/receiving support. Since the first of March I’ve been giving up sweets for Lent. Success so far, but it’s only been three days.

Besides Lent, I’m also on the “I am Happy” Diet, which means since meeting Yuki I’ve lost weight. I’m not consciously dieting, but I’m happier and that just makes everything easier. My mom just sent me two pairs of jeans from America and I can’t believe it, but I actually fit into them. I asked her to send me 12s, but she said they looked too big for me and I was getting 10s instead. So she sent 10s and they fit like a dream! My Personal Aim in SFS is to keep fitting into them!!

It’s almost cleaning time at the school. Happy Girls Day! (hina matsuri)
Sierra

*In this sentence “very” is merely a comparative statement. Compared to a fresh shave my legs aren’t actually smooth, but compared to my legs the last few years, they are in fact very smooth.

Comments:
I call everyone smelly, it means I like you

Honest!

P.S. Had sick day today so will send email out later because I have the internet at home! Thanks for the minutes though, made me laugh.

Love you smelly!

Vicky
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter