Thursday, February 02, 2006
"The good thing about hair is that it grows out!"
is the last thing you want to hear after getting a new haircut. Unfortunately that’s all I’ve been hearing since my drunken decision to let a man in a bar take scissors to my head on Wednesday night.
(Actually, no one has told me, “Don't worry, it’ll grow out,” but I definitely hear that voice when I look in a mirror. Most people are being supportive—thanks Vicky, especially for the call last night.)
The full story….
Lori’s birthday party was Wednesday night at George’s.
Ippei, the island-stylist, showed up with his scissors.
Because he’s been telling me he wants to make me “more beautiful” for a quite some time (and I’m guilty of believing he could) I donned the cape right there in the middle of the bar and he layered like I’ve never seen layering before.
All that beautiful hair that I just paid so much to get straightened, came off so quickly.
Now I look Japanese—It’s the “feathered-everywhere” look.
My ponytail is a pathetic few hairs.
I would still be crying except Yuki keeps telling me, “You’re soooo beautiful and sexy. I LOVE IT!!”
I don’t know how anyone could love this haircut. I used to make fun of people with hair that was full on top and a ratty at the bottom. Now I’m ONE OF THEM!!! I’m trying to think of ways to fix it, but it’s passed the point of repair. I’m gonna have to wait this one out. It's depressing me.
It’s a good thing the only clothes I can buy in Japan are hats, so I have plenty of options when it comes to covering up the disaster area.
Speaking of clothes, Yuki ordered me some catalogues with “big people” clothes and they arrived yesterday. Last night we looked at them together. I didn’t decide to buy anything yet, but there are a lot of good things in there—both casual and work clothes. Although they’re really cute and not too expensive, it’s hard to buy clothes through a catalogue—but nearly impossible to buy clothes in any Japanese store so I’m going to order a few things soon. Did you know… the largest pants in Nagasaki’s GAP is size 10!?! Of course, I’m a 12.
We also looked at shoes. Yuki wants me to get those pointy, strappy, metallic-silver shoes. Besides making fun of Japanese women with severely layered hair, I also make fun of girls with pointy, strappy, metallic shoes. I told him “NO WAY! You got my hair, you don’t get my feet too.”
(Actually, no one has told me, “Don't worry, it’ll grow out,” but I definitely hear that voice when I look in a mirror. Most people are being supportive—thanks Vicky, especially for the call last night.)
The full story….
Lori’s birthday party was Wednesday night at George’s.
Ippei, the island-stylist, showed up with his scissors.
Because he’s been telling me he wants to make me “more beautiful” for a quite some time (and I’m guilty of believing he could) I donned the cape right there in the middle of the bar and he layered like I’ve never seen layering before.
All that beautiful hair that I just paid so much to get straightened, came off so quickly.
Now I look Japanese—It’s the “feathered-everywhere” look.
My ponytail is a pathetic few hairs.
I would still be crying except Yuki keeps telling me, “You’re soooo beautiful and sexy. I LOVE IT!!”
I don’t know how anyone could love this haircut. I used to make fun of people with hair that was full on top and a ratty at the bottom. Now I’m ONE OF THEM!!! I’m trying to think of ways to fix it, but it’s passed the point of repair. I’m gonna have to wait this one out. It's depressing me.
It’s a good thing the only clothes I can buy in Japan are hats, so I have plenty of options when it comes to covering up the disaster area.
Speaking of clothes, Yuki ordered me some catalogues with “big people” clothes and they arrived yesterday. Last night we looked at them together. I didn’t decide to buy anything yet, but there are a lot of good things in there—both casual and work clothes. Although they’re really cute and not too expensive, it’s hard to buy clothes through a catalogue—but nearly impossible to buy clothes in any Japanese store so I’m going to order a few things soon. Did you know… the largest pants in Nagasaki’s GAP is size 10!?! Of course, I’m a 12.
We also looked at shoes. Yuki wants me to get those pointy, strappy, metallic-silver shoes. Besides making fun of Japanese women with severely layered hair, I also make fun of girls with pointy, strappy, metallic shoes. I told him “NO WAY! You got my hair, you don’t get my feet too.”

