Sunday, January 29, 2006
she caught a keeper
I've been dying to tell you about my fishing trip with Yuki. I played hooky last Tuesday—or was it two weeks ago now?—and Yuki and I went fishing. After two hours in the freezing winter, two different locations and only catching two small throwbacks, we finally decided to call it a day and were rolling up the rods for the last time. Yuki suddenly yells, "Look! I caught something!! Six shrimp!!!!" (referring to the fake shrimp attached to the six hooks). Then he started dancing around, whooping and hee-hawing (did I tell you he’s from Alerbama?!?) and I nearly peed my pants in laughter.
He makes me a laugh a lot. The rest the day we continuously joked about it. We spent all this money for gear and fish bait and stood out on the docks in the middle of winter—and for what…?!? To feed fish and stink up his car like shrimp!! I blame Yuki for our lack of success—the fish were all too full from the huge bag of shrimp he dumped into the ocean (to attract them) before we dropped in our lines. The worst part about it was that the water was so clear that we could see so many fish swimming around enjoying the real shrimp, but never being fooled by our hooks.
It doesn’t sound nearly as funny when you have to read it, but I was laughing hysterically as I wrote this post. In fact, I burst out in giggles so much that I couldn't finish writing until all the teachers left the staffroom. What a disturbance!!


He makes me a laugh a lot. The rest the day we continuously joked about it. We spent all this money for gear and fish bait and stood out on the docks in the middle of winter—and for what…?!? To feed fish and stink up his car like shrimp!! I blame Yuki for our lack of success—the fish were all too full from the huge bag of shrimp he dumped into the ocean (to attract them) before we dropped in our lines. The worst part about it was that the water was so clear that we could see so many fish swimming around enjoying the real shrimp, but never being fooled by our hooks.
It doesn’t sound nearly as funny when you have to read it, but I was laughing hysterically as I wrote this post. In fact, I burst out in giggles so much that I couldn't finish writing until all the teachers left the staffroom. What a disturbance!!
Now we keep our poles in the back of his car and whenever we get a chance to drop our lines in the water, we have a mini fishing-trip. In this picture from last Saturday we were waiting for Dawn’s ferry to come in and made good use of our spare time. Again, nothing but one throwback!
Except this one shrimp I caught, I’ll keep him…
I wanna squeeze those little エビ cheeks!!