Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I broke my nose tonight.

Well, actually, Use-sensei from karate, who I kicked in the nuts on accident last year, did the honors. He was demonstrating a back-hand, spinning punch and hit me. It hurt a lot at first, but there was no blood. I had a small “nasal ache” for a few minutes but the pain went way pretty quickly. I continued practicing, just thankful my nose ring wasn’t torn out—or worse, pushed in—and didn’t worry too much about it. Then I looked in the mirror at the end of class and there was a dent in my nose! Yes! A dent! The cartilage broke!

So it’s not huge and deforming. I notice it, but it’s my face and I know it pretty well. I doubt most people will ever notice unless I point it out or they know the story. I’m not freaking out about it. I think it’s kind of cool. Everyone should break their nose once in their lifetime. Otherwise you’re not taking enough risks!

Use-sensei says we’re even now. I kick him in the balls and I get a dent in my nose. I think I get the worse end of the deal, but there are probably plenty of guys out there who disagree.

I’ve looked in a mirror several times since it happened. It’s still broken.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter