Thursday, December 01, 2005
I am happy.
I’m finally feeling genki after weeks and weeks of coughing and colds, sleeping and sick days. I had to bring my life to a full stop—as much as possible anyway—and it’s finally paying off. I’ve had some awful elementary school days in the last month. I just couldn’t bring myself to run around and be happy when I felt so awful.
Today was great though. I had a wonderful day with the kids. We made paper snowflakes, decorated plastic trees and the windows, sang Christmas songs. I’ve recently started doing crafts with the kids because it means I don’t have to talk too much. The bigger (and younger) classes require that I participate in a shouting competition for the whole 45 minutes and it’s simply exhausting. But why do I keep talking about the past?!? Today was FUN!!!
I even joined them at recess, something I stopped doing two months ago when I got sick—we hung out on the jungle gym, the swings and played tag. I ran away from kids—they are so much faster than they look!—and then got to be “the devil” (it) and that’s really tiring!! It felt good to run around without losing my breath and hacking up a storm. If I’m feeling really great I may even go to karate tomorrow.
I really want to post pictures from the weekend on Ojika and Thanksgiving #2, but I’m ready for bed now. I’m not going anywhere this weekend (I got out of the Pixies concert!!) so I’ll have time to catch up on pictures and stories.
I went to Ojika. OF COURSE there are stories!!!
In the meantime, read Dawn’s version of the weekend. It’s hilarious—you won’t be disappointed!!
Tomorrow’s Friday. やった!
Sierra