Sunday, December 18, 2005
Break-ups and Shake-ups
In case you’re wondering how I’m juggling these two, I did already break up with Masaharu last week. It just wasn’t working out anymore and I think we both knew it for a while. It was a very hard decision for me to make because he’s been such a good friend to me, but I suppose that was part of the problem. I simply no longer saw him as a boyfriend but only as a friend. Everyone, including me, knew this long ago, but I didn’t want to admit it to myself. As much as I wished our relationship didn’t have to change, I knew I couldn’t lead him on forever. I didn’t want to hurt him and after a catch-up lunch this afternoon I think we’re both adapting well to the changes. He’s decided to look into taking the volunteer firefighter test in January and that makes me so happy. He has much potential and I want him to be successful in life. He has no idea if he can actually become a firefighter, but just having the motivation to try makes me proud. I’m going to continue teaching him English hope that this skill will help him get a better job in the future. I’m still very confused about the whole situation, but I guess deep down I know I’ve made the right decision.