Tuesday, November 22, 2005
The Disappearing iPod
I love to get days off in the middle of the week. It’s the perfect excuse to get a million things done that I’ve been putting off. Today I’m cleaning and doing laundry.
Later I’ve got a date with some camp students who I met this summer, Mana and Keiko. They attend the bigger high school on the island so they’re close but I don’t see them often. We’re going to have lunch and do purikura.
Then I’m making Thanksgiving dinner!! I’ve been too busy recently to really think about what’s happening today. THANKSGIVING!!! I love this holiday and I get to have it again this year! I bought a real turkey too. It was kind of an accident because I bought it really quickly and I didn’t know what I was ordering. I thought it was the same small pre-cooked bird I got last year, but nope—this is the real thing! Damn! I’ve never cooked a REAL turkey before!
Luckily, I think it’s a turkey for dummies. The bag says just stick it in the oven for 2.5 to 3 hours and wait. It’s doesn’t require any thawing or stuffing or basting or whatever else you have to do to turkeys. Our only problem is an oven (it won’t fit in my microwave oven like last year) but I think we can borrow one from the town’s rent-a-kitchen this afternoon.
So yeah, dinner will include a turkey, gravy (if I can figure out how to make it from the turkey drippings), mashed potatoes, salad, stuffing, cranberries (from the can), pumpkin pie and Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider. Yeah! I even got the cider!! Writing about all this—I feel I need to get up and make my grocery list!!
Loving my iPod as much for the photos as for the music. Look at that nice big screen so I can watch my episodes of Lost!
When on its side it almost disappears!
I gave my old iPod to Masaharu. It's a horrible gift, but he loves it. It's got all kinds of issues. Its battery lasts about 5 minutes, I can't sync it to my computer to erase my information or change the songs, and it uses firewire which his computer doesn't support. He still loves it and got up at 7 this morning to start listening to it. It's great when someone really appreciates even an old hand-me-down.
Wish my Thanksgiving Dinner luck!
Love, Sierra