Sunday, October 16, 2005
The Titanium Rabbit
Scuba is fun, but absolutely exhausting. I had my first two training sessions this weekend—and they were great—but I’m so tired now. I’m looking at the clock now at 9 p.m. and thinking—BEDTIME!
Scuba’s fun when you have someone who takes care of all the complicated stuff for you. When you’re controlling your own air and buoyancy, it’s frightening! The hardest part is remembering to breathe when something scary is happening. I always think holding my breath is going to help things, but sometimes—especially when I’m floating to the surface too quickly—I just need to empty my lungs.
There’s a lot to learn about scuba and it’s all very frightening right now, but I’m sure the more I practice the more comfortable I’ll become. I’m looking forward to when I don’t have to think about technicalities and can just enjoy my surroundings. In the meantime, my brain is exhausted from all the training.
I will put up my triathlon photos tomorrow or Tuesday. I’ve made the first step to getting them online, now I just have to write the blog and code.
Soon.
The new iPods have just come out and how tempting they are! If displaying color photos wasn’t enough, they now play video, too. Since my trusty old iPod seems to have finally died and isn’t coming back from the grave I may be justified in purchasing one of these bad boys, but getting on the Apple website is always a dangerous activity. I started looking at new PowerBooks as well! I’m going to try to hold out for the G5 as Daniel recommended, but this Titanium is getting so out of date! It’s still an awesome computer, of course, but the money in my pocket is burning a hole and begging to be spent on new technology.
The Titanium has it’s problems. The overheating is getting worse. Right now, even though it’s cool in my room and I have it propped up so it’s not touching any surface, the fan is running. Recently, it’s been running constantly. And although I had a new top cover installed before I left Japan, the edges are beginning to chip again. The Velveteen Rabbit is a nice story and all, but I can’t wait for the day I can sport the new 12 inch.
I guess I should remember the most important thing—it still runs like a dream—and that’ll keep me satisfied until the G5 enters my life.
Love and technology,
Sierra
Scuba’s fun when you have someone who takes care of all the complicated stuff for you. When you’re controlling your own air and buoyancy, it’s frightening! The hardest part is remembering to breathe when something scary is happening. I always think holding my breath is going to help things, but sometimes—especially when I’m floating to the surface too quickly—I just need to empty my lungs.
There’s a lot to learn about scuba and it’s all very frightening right now, but I’m sure the more I practice the more comfortable I’ll become. I’m looking forward to when I don’t have to think about technicalities and can just enjoy my surroundings. In the meantime, my brain is exhausted from all the training.
I will put up my triathlon photos tomorrow or Tuesday. I’ve made the first step to getting them online, now I just have to write the blog and code.
Soon.
The new iPods have just come out and how tempting they are! If displaying color photos wasn’t enough, they now play video, too. Since my trusty old iPod seems to have finally died and isn’t coming back from the grave I may be justified in purchasing one of these bad boys, but getting on the Apple website is always a dangerous activity. I started looking at new PowerBooks as well! I’m going to try to hold out for the G5 as Daniel recommended, but this Titanium is getting so out of date! It’s still an awesome computer, of course, but the money in my pocket is burning a hole and begging to be spent on new technology.
The Titanium has it’s problems. The overheating is getting worse. Right now, even though it’s cool in my room and I have it propped up so it’s not touching any surface, the fan is running. Recently, it’s been running constantly. And although I had a new top cover installed before I left Japan, the edges are beginning to chip again. The Velveteen Rabbit is a nice story and all, but I can’t wait for the day I can sport the new 12 inch.
I guess I should remember the most important thing—it still runs like a dream—and that’ll keep me satisfied until the G5 enters my life.
Love and technology,
Sierra
Comments:
<< Home
Hrmmm...
New PowerBooks came out yesterday. I'd be able to give a moderate endorsement of the new 15" PowerBook, since it has a new higher-resolution display and better battery life. However, I simply can't endorse the 12" PowerBook that is only marginally better than the one I've owned for a year and a half.
The problem is that with Apple's Intel CPU announcement, it's difficult to know when the PowerBooks are going to see their next major increase...
Post a Comment
New PowerBooks came out yesterday. I'd be able to give a moderate endorsement of the new 15" PowerBook, since it has a new higher-resolution display and better battery life. However, I simply can't endorse the 12" PowerBook that is only marginally better than the one I've owned for a year and a half.
The problem is that with Apple's Intel CPU announcement, it's difficult to know when the PowerBooks are going to see their next major increase...
<< Home
