Tuesday, October 04, 2005

サボる

Posts are moving fast so try to keep up!

I FINALLY got some time today. Time to live. Time to breathe. Not a single responsibility all day at work and not a single plan all evening (until I realized it was actually Tuesday and not Monday, and I really had to go to karate, but then I decided to saboru (be truant, idle, SABOtage by slowness) because I hadn’t done my grocery shopping or eaten dinner and I can’t very well go to karate on an empty stomach, now can I? I didn’t think so.)

And what’s with the fucking exchange rate? The dollar costs me 114 yen and I don’t even want to think about exchanging, but I just realized that if I keep putting it off I could also be sitting around WAITING for my paycheck to shrink and shrivel into nothingness every month. Wha’do I do? Seriously. If you have a suggestion, please HELP ME!!! I’m accepting loan offers in American dollars until I can exchange my yen, or predictions about the future of the dollar!!!

Masaharu and I are fighting. I’m not even entirely sure why. Yesterday I asked him to call the Nagasaki ferry port and find out the time of the last JET Foil for me. He called me back and said 4:30 so I rushed down from Omura to catch it and when I arrived at 4:20 or so, they said the last one was actually 3:45. Angrily, I called him back and said, “Did you ACTUALLY call them or did you just assume?” and he goes “I called them” and I was silent and he said, “Okay, you don’t believe me,” and hung up.

Then he called me back and said he recalled the company and they made a mistake and told him 4:30 even when it was really 3:45. It was a huge, costly mistake for me. I spent an hour and $30 to get to Nagasaki only to spend 3 more hours and $40 getting back to Fukuoka. I was very tired and angry and just wanted to be home so I wasn’t very pleasant on the phone with him. I suppose that’s why we’re fighting, cause I was upset at the situation and he thought I didn’t believe him and I didn’t know what to do. He said he didn’t want to talk to me the rest of that day and now it’s been two days but we still haven’t discussed anything.

I’m kind of happy to have this night to myself, I needed to be home and away from everybody and everything and to rest and do nothing, but I do feel guilty because he’s been really patient with me while I’ve been off traveling and working so late and hardly have time at all for him anymore. He waited until 10 p.m. on my birthday when I finally got home from everything and gave me a great birthday dinner, but then I was up at 6 a.m. the next morning leaving for my triathlon. Whenever he comes over it’s already 10 or later and I just shower and go to bed.

Honestly I just am starting to feel lukewarm about the relationship. The fact that I was so terribly love struck by Naoki while in Okinawa isn’t a very good sign for my current relationship. Of course, nothing happened with Naoki or Hiroki (oh, you don’t know about him yet …you’ll find out soon!), but at the same time I didn’t—and don’t—feel very committed to Masaharu. I feel like I’m being unfair to him, so I’ve promised to stay in the island this three day weekend coming up and we’ll sleep in late everyday and eat okonomiyaki at our favorite restaurant in the afternoon, then watch movies all night. Just like he likes. And if I can get him to go hiking with me one of those days I’ll consider myself lucky!

Just so long as I can sleep!! I need more sleep! I rode a ferry all night last night, reached my island at 7:10 a.m. and was at work just an hour later (be sympathetic and forget that I already told you in the first paragraph I did absolutely nothing while at work today! I was PRESENT!).

Sleepy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter