Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Let Loose!
Friday night (July 22nd) we had dinner with Asagami in Aokata. The adventurous travelers were offered sazae for the THIRD night in a row! Here Joelle happily receives…
…and she quickly passes it on to Steven (who accepts the Sazae Challenge!).
I love the look on Steven’s face there! “You DO NOT expect me to eat YOUR serving of sazae for the second night in a row! I can barely get MY piece down... boy, this is chewy stuff!”
But he did eat it.
And then politely excused himself to the bathroom.
(And swears he kept it all down.)
Asagami and me.
Nothing like a bottle of shochu to help the sazae go down!
Then we drove down to Narao for a little Ka-Ra-Oke!
And that’s where Steven really let loose! He sang songs he didn’t even know the tune for! A natural-born karaoke singer!
Yes, I make every Japanese person sing “Shima Uta” with me at karaoke. Thanks for being a sport Sensei!
A really fun night!
Love, Sierra