Thursday, August 18, 2005
三本松
Sanbonmatsu. It’s very shallow for a long way out (which means very warm water) and there are no waves.
Mostly, we (and by “we” I mean “Steven”) just attacked each other in the water. This is the “Steven Attacks Joelle” series.
The “Steven Attacks Masaharu” picture. I think Joelle’s a shark… =)
Then “Steven Attacks Sierra” series. (Are you catching a trend here?!?)
Masaharu gallantly protects me by throwing a punch at the Evil Steven!
And I’ve had enough! It’s time to attack Steven! (Highly unsuccessful, I just got dunked…)
Joelle, a bathing beauty.
Steven—oh, he’s so innocent, right? Notice the death grips at our necks!! =)
Masaharu and me… whoops—zoom out!!
Funny face... the sun's so bright I can't see a thing!
Back home and relaxing. (Masaharu’s thinking, “I really need a cigarette between these fingers.”)
Steven draws a portrait of how he'll remember me! Thanks, Friend! =)
This Saturday Masaharu and I are off to Sasebo for the weekend. I’m taking my Japanese driver’s license test on Monday, then the week-long English Summer Camp starts on Tuesday. Apparently the test is really difficult and not many people pass on their first attempt, but I am determined. I don’t want to have to take paid leave to go back to the mainland and take it again. Send me your good vibes because until then I’m driving illegally!
My website reached the 1000 visitor mark a few weeks ago and for some reason that made me swell with pride. (I only started counting back in May or so, too!) I’ve been monitoring traffic a lot recently and am still surprised that I get 8-15 visitors a day. I can’t imagine that many people come, but I think it’s cool. Thanks ya’ll!! I also finally figured out how to see what city all my visitors are in. I thought I could only find out your time zone (as well as your IP address, OS, service provider, browser, log in time, etc) but no! I even know what city you’re in!! You can’t hide from me!
Today would be my parents 33rd anniversary.
Love, Sierra