Sunday, May 22, 2005

Friday the Thirteenth

I just looked at the calendar and now I realize why last Friday was so unlucky! Well, now it was two Fridays ago, but nevertheless, it was an unfortunate day! Koichiro and I had another “misunderstanding” but these are beginning to be quite common—daresay, even expected—every few weeks with us. Things are patched again already so I won’t go into the details. I have a very good feeling that we’re on the same page now. Of course, not the page I want to be on, but I’m beginning to think that page was ripped out of his book.

This weekend I’ve watched a lot of TV sports. Mostly baseball and sumo, as this is Japan and those are the major sports, but also some soccer. I don't usually like watching sports, especially on TV, but honestly the background noise (in English) is very relaxing. And I’m learning a lot about sumo culture. Right now I’m watching the same (Mariners vs. San Diego) game that was on two days ago, but I missed the first 4 innings… Huh? Is this really ME saying this? I don’t give a lick about baseball! Shut up, Sierra!

I studied Japanese a ton today, which I’ve really needed for do for a while. I’m so interested in kanji. Every new word I learn I have to look it up in the dictionary immediately to see if I recognize the kanji. If I don’t know it and it looks relatively easy then I use my Kanji and Kana book to learn the readings, stroke order and common uses. I rewrite sentences in my textbook to include the kanji I’ve already learned even if they haven’t taught it yet. I’m such a nerd, but I’ve decided I’m going to take the Japanese proficiency test in December and I want to pass the 3rd level. Still waiting confirmation about the summer Japanese course in August, but I think I’ll be going to Okazaki City in Aichi-ken for about 4 weeks.

There are just 8 training days left before the triathlon. This doesn’t count the days I’ll be on my business trip to Kobe and the days I’ll have a visitor on the island (more on him later). Eight’s not a whole lot so I have to be very serious on those days. I’ll go to the pool or the beach everyday next week and try to swim at least 2,500 meters each time. I’m basically writing that because if I write it on my blog then maybe I’m more likely to do it. Nah… but it’s worth a shot.

I’m about to go out to dinner with Asagami-san. I want to eat fish. I’m craving some Goto tai. And I hope he pays because I’ve got 40 yen to my name—refusing to pay a $2.00 fee to use my own bank's ATM just because it's a weekend!

Yesterday I made curry rice and it was very successful. My first time to make Japanese curry (on my own) and it was very easy and delicious. Except I ate a ton and then had a stomachache and had to go to the gym to feel less guilty for stuffing my face. I made enough for lunch tomorrow too and I’m very much looking forward to it.

I'm so boring today. I had a nice, quiet weekend which translates into boring when you write about it on the internet. I just hadn’t written in a while so I wanted to write something. All my posts can’t be exciting—wouldn’t want you to have too high expectations! I’m really close to getting my hitch-hiking pictures/stories up. Stay tuned!

Love, Sierra

let’s get hitched!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter