Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Implications

Oh! The implications for secretly changing one’s blog! I’ve heard everything from I'm being stalked and I want to keep a secret boyfriend to I need to gossip about my fellow islanders without them being privy to it! If I had known there’d be this many people in a flurry about it—I’d had done it much sooner! =) Not really, it’s actually been mostly frustrating explaining why, Why WHY? People just love to assume, and unfortunately the reason’s not nearly as dramatic as you’re all hoping for. No stalkers. No secret boyfriends. No desire to gossip endlessly about the Kamigoto Kids.

I just wanted ya’ll to answer my questions. (Could it really be that simple?) Who are you and why do you read it? I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately. The 2005 Bloggie Awards came out recently and I’ve loved going through the winners and nominees and reading what everyone thinks is cool. I’m obviously not cool, because the few people who do read my blog, just emailed me and said, “You know who I am, now send me the fucking URL.”

So, because I’ve spent the weekend (and even more today) trying to calm people down about the blog migration, I haven’t written anything meaningful in a while. Not to assume I ever write anything meaningful. I’ve got my little list then:

Stuff to Mention on my Blog (i.e. To my mother and Daniel’s mother as they are they only ones who read it).
1. I survived the earthquake. Someone did not. It was not me. I survived the earthquake.

2. In two weeks I will have a new supervisor. She is 22 years-old and fresh outta college. This is not a welcomed change. I WANT TO KEEP HATAKEYAMA-SENSEI!!!

3. Ignoring Koichiro was a method I should have tried long ago. He’s all of a sudden very interested in me again. We spent all evening Monday together and he's talking to me at school again!

4. Found some more reminiscent pictures…



Boy, my hair was long!



5. I’m all of sudden very interested in someone else. Tanabe has officially entered my life. Not officially, but I have his business card, cell phone number and he called me this weekend! Oh, the stories shall come.

6. I’m in Japan, therefore I bought a cell phone. There is a 1:1.5 person to cell phone ratio here. It’s about time I got connected. It’ll be useful when my mom is here and when I do my hitchhiking around Kyushu. And ALL the other time too.

(Honestly I just wanted the phone for the camera!)

7. I changed my mind about my new supervisor, Sasaki-sensei. Maybe she’s really cool and we could end up being good friends? I hope she speaks English. (Yes, she’s an English teacher, but that doesn't mean anything here.)

I just got back from karate with Koichiro. Our next test is this Friday. Now I’m not sure if it’s for the purple belt or not. It doesn’t really matter what color, but I SWEAR it’s for purple. No one believed me tonight. Hmm… I get the cell phone tomorrow (they were out of stock of my favorite—a sleek black photo phone) right before the school’s farewell party (enkai) in the evening. I’ll take some pictures at the enkai for sure—hopefully it will mean Koich and I will have some bonding time over the phone!

Hitting the showers,
Sierra

Oh! 8. I video-chatted with DT this weekend! We haven’t done that in forever. Got to see his new apartment and it’s cool!!!



What's that on your screen? Ha! Made ya look!



His room is orangy-red. It matches his sheets. It's so cool! Did I say that already?





next post


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter