Sunday, February 27, 2005
Documented Afterall
This is Peter, Mayumi (I think, I don't actually know her) and me at Sasebo’s Halloween Party.
This is someone and Danielle, the Queen Bee, who lives in Hirado. I stayed with her for a couple nights on that Halloween weekend. She’s really sweet.
I’ll also give you the link for a website that I’ve been going to regularly for about a month now. It’s called Dooce.com. It’s just some average woman’s blog, but it’s read by hundreds (or thousands?) of people. Kerry introduced it to me and as it turns out that Laura and Yuka also have been reading it for a while. So, don't be left out next time you hear the name Heather Armstrong!
Here’s just a funny picture that I got off the Nagasaki listserve. It says “Abunai” or “Danger.”
I don’t know why I’m posting this picture actually. It’s me in November 2003, at Linfield’s International Food Festival, which I organized as the club president. That’s my mom in green, me, and my little—I better say younger, because he’s no longer little—brother, James. The two girls in front are also my cousins who came down to support me as well. I was just looking through old pictures this weekend and this one brought back good memories.
I better mention that a few minutes ago I had written that I was wearing a "sari" but actually, as my new internet friend, Sageraj, just corrected me, it's actually a "salwar kamzee." So here I am in my salwar kamzee.
My mom’s Valentine’s Day gift from a friend. Awesome tea cup, huh?
Some of my mom’s most recent art.
The last picture, I hope it’s alright to post, is Peter. He’s steamy!
Today I went on a hike with Yuka. We went to the highest viewpoint in her town, Arikawa. We were going to go for a drive, but I didn’t have much gas in my car and it’s a Sunday. No gas stations are open. We went on this hike instead and it was so much better. The weather was really beautiful—almost warm today. Walking up the hill we kept warm anyway. I got a really good view of our island and other islands in the Goto chain. I also got a good view of the tallest mountain on the island, near Nakanoura Bay. We want to climb that one soon too. I bet the view from there is amazing too!
Graduation is this week on Tuesday. Seniors will be going out into the world!!
Love, Sierra