Monday, December 13, 2004
Fishburgers
Here are some locals who brought the fish and gave a demonstration on how to prepare the aji (not sure what the fish is called in English).
Then the class dispersed and we all started doing it ourselves.
And obachan helping the students cut up the fish.
Kuwahara-sensei observes as a students mixes the meat and adds seasonings.
Okay, here are the pictures to prove it. I did actually roll up my sleeves and decide to try cleaning and de-boning my first fish. I was squirmish at first, but I finally got over it and cleaned a total of TWO fish!!! There is my teach to the left of me—he was very patient!
Peeling the skin off the fish…
Then we fried up the burgers and had lunch!
On Monday afternoon Rie gave me a ride home from work and we decided to go to Nakanoura Church for it’s Christmas performance. This week is Church Week in Goto Islands so there are many musical performances and sermons happening.
The church decorated with many lights. It’s right next to the bay and the water reflects the lights…it’s beautiful!
The pianist, flutist and violinist.
And there was even an opera singer! She was very enthusiastic!
I’m looking forward to Wednesday as we have a day off and Koichiro and I have already planned to spend the whole day together! And a week from today I’ll be flying off to Oregon to spend three weeks with my family!!!
Love, Sierra