Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Musical Chairs
I know I keep being a few days (or several days) late on these entries, but we’ve been really busy lately. (So is the story of my life…) On Tuesday I didn’t have to go into work until 1:30! I didn’t have any classes to teach in the morning so my teachers told me to come in late. I was really excited—that’d never happen at the high school! So, Daniel and I decided to teach the two classes in the afternoon together, since it was just a partial day. We split the classes into teams, DT was captain of the boys team and I the captain of the girls. We played English games and ended with musical chairs. The kids were so excited to have Dan there—they were jumping, screaming, running, hiding, shaking his hand, and basically freaking out. I really adore these kids—especially the first years. They’re so small!
Here are some pictures and movies from the day.
Dan got in on the musical chairs too. They students didn’t dare take a chair from him though, so he had a hard time getting “out” in the second game. He didn’t want to be the winner, but they students wouldn’t let him loose either.




The kids gathering in the hallway outside the classrooms. This is right after they did the cleaning.


And tonight Daniel made dinner…again! He’s been so great about cooking every night!




Here are some pictures and movies from the day.
Dan got in on the musical chairs too. They students didn’t dare take a chair from him though, so he had a hard time getting “out” in the second game. He didn’t want to be the winner, but they students wouldn’t let him loose either.
A movie of musical chairs.
The kids gathering in the hallway outside the classrooms. This is right after they did the cleaning.
A poster in the hallway. I just love it!
A movie of some third years singing this year’s Olympic theme song. I’ve heard this song non-stop since I arrived.
And tonight Daniel made dinner…again! He’s been so great about cooking every night!
That’s all for this posting.
Love, Sierra
Some pictures from friends back home. This is Anna and some friends at her birthday party a few weeks ago.
This is Casey with some friends in Las Vegas. Casey is the hot one in the stripes on the left!!
A birthday card and stickers from my Aunt Lynne in Oregon!