Friday, October 01, 2004
Bofurendo desu ka?
I had had this day totally planned out, but another change of plans at school messed every thing up. My already tight schedule turned into a race. But I’ll spare you the details—after school I ran home and picked up Daniel so he could come watch my taiko practice. He met most of the teachers, kocho- and kyoto-sensei. We practiced taiko for a half hour and then Satomi and Rie came to my apartment for a very quick dinner and cheesecake dessert, which we were suppose to make together, but they spent all day making instead. They made some amazing food that was so delicious!! I also received some beautiful and amazing birthday gifts! Satomi gave me this beautiful flying fish tapestry and Rie gave me a yukata!! I’m going to wear it on Sunday for the cultural festival at school! Satomi had to leave to teach at her English class in Kamigoto before 7 p.m., but only barely got out on time. I felt bad that we had to race through the wonderful cheesecake dessert, but I’m assured that we will get together again when our schedules are not so hectic.
Daniel’s tired now, having been awake since 6 a.m., so we are heading to bed early!
Love, Sierra
The moon over the water near Aokata port, as I waited for my ship to come in.
This is the taiko ferry that Daniel came on!
Of course, as soon I spotted Daniel on the ship I had to take a picture. I was so relieved that he was not only on board, but also awake!
Daniel, in the flesh, getting into my car! We are so happy we can't stop smiling!!!
Daniel relaxing on my futon and computing.
When I got back from school Daniel had already done our lunch dishes and they were drying on the rack! It made my heart melt! I hugged him and kissed him and said I was so happy to have him. And he said...
...I thought you'd make a bigger deal out of the laundry! While I was at work, he even hung my laundry to dry!!
Rie, DT and Satomi eating a quick meal! They're so sweet for cooking all this food for us!
The plate of food! So delicious and plenty of leftovers for tomorrow!