Sunday, September 12, 2004

My Welcome Enkai

I can't write now because I'm so tired, but I wanted to post some pictures of my welcome party (enkai). There were lots of speeches, good food and alcohol, and teasing at my party. I had such a good time! So here are the pictures, and the stories to come later!

Here's the table I sat at and all the good food we had. They made sure there was plenty of food I could eat (crab instead of sashimi) and drinks (chu-hi, cocktails in a can, instead of beer). I felt so special!



Here's the room where we had the enkai. It's a hotel in Wakamatsu, but they do special parties too. It was really beautiful, I'd contemplete staying there just for fun one night.



This is kocho-sensei (principal) and the speech he wrote for me. He gave me the speech as a gift.



This is kyoto-sensei (vice-principal) on my left and Yamaguchi-sensei on my right. Yamaguchi is a part time math teacher.



Here's my welcome sign. It says, "Sierra-sensei" or Sierra-teacher.



Hanging out with a bunch of men at my school. It was great to get to know some of the teachers that are too shy to talk to me at school (or maybe just too busy). The guy on the far left is a professional soccer referee and he used to teach the soccer team at Nakagoto before the program was cut. He's promised to play some soccer with me this year.



Later in the night when things got crazier, I arm wrestled kocho-sensei. I won, but I'm positive he let me!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter