Monday, August 02, 2004
Love and Appreciation
Well, Here I am in Japan. I can't believe I'm finally here--at the JET Tokyo Orientation. Everything is great so far. There is free wireless internet in the Hospitality Room and it's open 24 hours a day. I brought my iSight down, but no one is online right now. =( Well, Daniel's idle and Mama is away.
The plane ride went smoothly yesterday. Oh, except that there was engine failure and we didn't take off for an hour after we were supposed to. It just meant that I got to sit on the plane for an extra hour. There were so many people in the Tokyo airport ushering us to the right places. It was very easy and fast. They have this orientation down pat!
I am adjusting to the time difference well. I went to sleep around 11 p.m. and got up at 7:30. Usually people can't sleep or wake up really early. I'm rooming with another Linfield student. Her name is Kelly and we worked in the International Programs Office at Linfield together for a little while. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get to meet someone new, but she's really great too.
Okay, our first meeting is at 10 a.m. In about 40 minutes. I'll probably be busy most of the day, but when I do have an hour or so I'll write more!
Love and appreciation,
Sierra
Keio Plaza Hotel. The orientation venue.
Tokyo from the 27th floor of Keio Plaza Hotel.